• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "back to the dark ages"

Collapse

• administrator
    replied
    Thread closed.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I take it that for the English exams down South there was some kind of interpretation element where points were awarded. I think I am starting to understand why Churchill was not given a place at university.

I thought I would set a little test for him, what you have to do Churchill is read the following passage and then answer the question which is multiple choice...

FOXES are being blamed for digging up ancient bones at a city cemetery.

Residents living near Rosebank Cemetery, in Pilrig, discovered the gruesome damage while walking there at the weekend.

The city council said it was aware of the damage, and that its pest control team was monitoring the situation. However it is illegal to kill foxes by poisoning or snares
    Churchill for five points, what was being blamed for digging up graves in Rosebank Cemetery?

A. The Were-Rabbit
    B. Professor Rabbit, Dean of Archaeology at Edinburgh University
    C. Foxes

In your own time Churchill...

A, B or C?
    Last edited by minestrone; 9 June 2010, 21:26.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You're not getting it, thus proving my point.
    I'm not trying to be funny. Just merely stating an obvious fact.
    <Tears> No! No! Stop it!!! I can't take any more...... <Giggles>

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Oh stop it... you're killing me.... I can barely suppress my Titters.....
    You're not getting it, thus proving my point.
    I'm not trying to be funny. Just merely stating an obvious fact.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Accurate

HTH
    Oh stop it... you're killing me.... I can barely suppress my Titters.....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Rib splitting as usual... a real Corker!!
    Accurate

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Hi, Drewster. You don't half ramble, you.
    Thank you....... best compliment on CUK all day..... well obviously by "best compliment" I actually mean "only thing said that wasn't a direct insult"........

Indeed no one could accuse Drewster of having a mind like a steel trap.

Rib splitting as usual... a real Corker!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    The latest evidence seems to say that a fox WAS responsible for mauling those children:
    BBC News - Fox caught on camera after attack on twins in London
    Hmmmm, looks like a rabbit with a bit of Grecian 2000 to me.
    Perhaps that explains the confusion Churchy and Minestrone are having.
    Killer corpse-and-baby chewing rabbits have have obviously been disguising themselves as foxes, the cunning sods.
    Last edited by sasguru; 9 June 2010, 19:35.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    So let's summarize:

Churchy believes that a fox did not maul those children in East london because he doesn't believe foxes do that sort of thing...
    The latest evidence seems to say that a fox WAS responsible for mauling those children:
    BBC News - Fox caught on camera after attack on twins in London

Police later saw a fox at the family's home and took a picture of it.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    So let's summarize:

Churchy believes that a fox did not maul those children in East london because he doesn't believe foxes do that sort of thing, a notion refuted by Minestrone who has seen foxes chewing on corpses in a cemetery which Churchy believes are more likely to be rabbits because only rabbits would go for the 150 year old corpses in said cemetery while Minestrone asserts that foxes are just as likely to want 150 yearold corpses as 50 year old ones.

Have I got that right?
    It would be a first if you had. You have the deductive powers of a Creme Egg!!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Yup, churchill even is boring me now.

Can't be arsed any more.

When I think of churchill I will always think of this...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    It was worth the popcorn yesterday when we were regaled with tales of wererabbits and killer fish... but now it's lost it's mojo.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    So let's summarize:

Churchy believes that a fox did not maul those children in East london because he doesn't believe foxes do that sort of thing, a notion refuted by Minestrone who has seen foxes chewing on corpses in a cemetery which Churchy believes are more likely to be rabbits because only rabbits would go for the 150 year old corpses in said cemetery while Minestrone asserts that foxes are just as likely to want 150 yearold corpses as 50 year old ones.

Have I got that right?

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I hope that's MF rather than M****rF****r
    LOL!

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    wmfs +1