• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Signal to noise ratio"

Collapse

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Shaun and churchill must have had a walk in the park compared to what you went through

They did they were Pongos FFS, infact it was probably them that beat me up for stupidly going to the cinema on my own at RAF Mount Pleasant !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    I have always been sarcastic and lived in plenty of shared houses where the piss-taking is a matter of daily life and you become immune to lots of comments and give plenty back, just for fun. There are still some rules, no-go areas etc which keeps things pleasant..ish.
    I used to work with a chap and he used to start a bit of banter, taking the mick, I thought this was fine but as soon as a I escalated this to a fairly mild level, he would get all offended, which in a shared house would be the signal that you are riled and for everyone to pile in and push the buttons too – You remind me of him.
    Not your fault, you just haven’t been in this situation and don’t know how to cope.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I grew up in Glasgow and worked as a Butcher for years
    <snip>
    In places like these you learn how to deal with full on abuse and give it back. Give it back harder than what you get. You have not had that upbringing.

Don't serve them till you can see the whites of their eyes!

You must have really had it tough, can't imagine the hell you must had gone through serving all those old ladies their meat for the week. I can just imagine the horror now:
    "Not so thick boy"
    "can I have some meat with that fat?"
    "Whats all this kilogram nonsense... back in my day....youth of today...never knew you were born..."
    "£2.43 you say??? Here's 10p...5p...10p...2p...ohh a 50p...1p..1p...5p...how much is that so far?"

Shaun and churchill must have had a walk in the park compared to what you went through

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Which is different from every other thread on here, how? Fook off, seriously you tedious little man.
    Classic! You ask for feedback then resort to insults when you don't get an "ah there now bless" reply.

I think your credentials for tedium outweigh mine considerably. In fact almost 10 tedious posts per day.

Remind me, was it you who was telling your sister-in-law about about what a great place this was, and what an exciting life you had on here, what a great bunch of 'mates' you had on CUK ... so much so that you gushingly tried to get her to 'join in' last Christmas?

My. What an exciting man you are. And what a small life you have.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    And there is AtW...
    BTW. This looks a great film. May have to check it out!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I have always been sarcastic. Before that I just used to point and laugh.
    Why dump something that works?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    WNS. Creating many,many threads devoted to "why don't you like me? why? why why why?" is not a winning formula.

It reeks of that most undesirable of stenches - desperation.

You probably are a really nice guy in real life. Your fairly genuine nature does come across in your posts.

Just stop caring so much, and stop rising to the bait so often. Then make sure you don't create a thread devoted to your 'new approach'....
    I have to admit.

WMPS

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He hasn't dated a weird stranger from cUK yet...
    Keyboard/coffee moment...

Just when you're really irritating me AtW...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I find that I just naturally dislike passive aggressive troll seekers and would never associate with one on real life as just being near me is likely to get offended.

I have always been sarcastic. Before that I just used to point and laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    This is true, suity, you probably came from a caring household and went to a decent school, went straight to uni and then went onto a nice job and formed a nice family.

On the flip side...

Shaun and churcy were in the army, I grew up in Glasgow and worked as a Butcher for years, sas admits he went from prep school to a state school and had to harden up. In places like these you learn how to deal with full on abuse and give it back. Give it back harder than what you get. You have not had that upbringing.

Go back to being the slightly delusional and over sensitive poster, you were a valued poster when you stayed in those parameters. You are not going to be able to rise up to the level of brutality of insults that some of us spent long periods of our life immersed in.
    And there is AtW...
    Last edited by Paddy; 22 May 2010, 22:53.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Stop bullying him. People who have met him have opined that he is a nice guy. Give him a break.
    WHS

He's a capital guy in person, and his posts are often very funny (not always intentionally).

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post

We all get grief here.

If ya can't stand the heat, then get out of the cuk.
    WNS. Creating many,many threads devoted to "why don't you like me? why? why why why?" is not a winning formula.

It reeks of that most undesirable of stenches - desperation.

You probably are a really nice guy in real life. Your fairly genuine nature does come across in your posts.

Just stop caring so much, and stop rising to the bait so often. Then make sure you don't create a thread devoted to your 'new approach'....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    SY01, I think the saddest part is that you seem to genuinely care what a bunch of childish internet bullies think. You must see you can't possibly win against them, they have spent years perfecting how to be a bunch of cocks while you're clearly not cut out for it. I suggest you stop trying to sink to their level, even if you get there they have more practice.
    This is true, suity, you probably came from a caring household and went to a decent school, went straight to uni and then went onto a nice job and formed a nice family.

On the flip side...

Shaun and churcy were in the army, I grew up in Glasgow and worked as a Butcher for years, sas admits he went from prep school to a state school and had to harden up. In places like these you learn how to deal with full on abuse and give it back. Give it back harder than what you get. You have not had that upbringing.

Go back to being the slightly delusional and over sensitive poster, you were a valued poster when you stayed in those parameters. You are not going to be able to rise up to the level of brutality of insults that some of us spent long periods of our life immersed in.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You're thinking of wilsmlow. Noone has ever met SY
    Not only have people met Wilmslow, some of us have also met SY01. On meeting a solid yet stressed bloke.

He exists!

Nuff said!

Though I can't for the life of me understand the recent behaviour.

We all get grief here.

If ya can't stand the heat, then get out of the cuk.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    SY01, I think the saddest part is that you seem to genuinely care what a bunch of childish internet bullies think. You must see you can't possibly win against them, they have spent years perfecting how to be a bunch of cocks while you're clearly not cut out for it. I suggest you stop trying to sink to their level, even if you get there they have more practice.
    Thank you Mother Theresa.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X