• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did your vote count?"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    didn't vote for the winner but my vote was counted three times

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Nope - it was expected that the Lib Dems would unseat Labour where I lived, but despite getting my vote this didn't happen. For some reason the Lib Dem vote faded away...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Yes for GE as it was a close fought marginal.

In general MPs are only useful if:
    1. They are backbenchers who are happy to fight against the government or not be whipped by their own party
    2. Turn up to vote
    3. Understand the implications of the bills they are voting for.
    Only a few fall into this criteria & neither of the 2 main candidates standing seemed to fall into this camp.

Local election didn't make a difference unfortunately. Ward has exactly the same party split as last time i.e. Tory/Lib dem. Wanted the Tories to have a majority to sort out the mess in the council.

Interestingly the Green Party Candidate got more votes that the Labour Candidates.

I expect another GE soon as hung parliaments are too difficult for governments to cope with in this country esp when the economy needs sorting out.

Interesting that the Tories are apparently offering the Lib Dems a Treasury position, wouldn't need to do this if they put the right person in as Chancellor in the first place.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 8 May 2010, 12:14.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Nope for some reason my constituency which contains one of the new towns designated as 'English as a second language' stayed new lie. My Borough went Tory. Voted Blue twice.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    My seat was Labour and is now Tory.
    I voted Tory.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Yes, but it was a safe seat anyway. And I didn't vote until 8pm, so he'd probably already won. They should really count the votes through the day, then as soon as somebody gets 50% they can announce the result and stop counting the rest. It'd save a lot of hassle, and in the case of a big majority we'd know the result before the polls closed.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Locally, all three.
    Nationally, no - but Vince Cable was never going to lose his safe seat. His share of the vote was 54% IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    I voted for the winner, and it helped take the seat away from Labour.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Sure did!! My Tory vote in the Newton Abbot constituency helped oust the expenses-fiddling trough-snuffling LibDem incumbent, and usher in his blue expenses-fiddling trough-snuffling replacement!
    They're all as bad as each other.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    Well, did you vote for the winner in your constituency?
    Sure did!! My Tory vote in the Newton Abbot constituency helped oust the expenses-fiddling trough-snuffling LibDem incumbent, and usher in his blue replacement!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Vote for Hain?

I'd sooner stick pins in my eyes.

Isn’t he the chunt who said you should vote for someone else anyway?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Yes, I greeted the wife with 'V' sign this morning.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    Nope I kinda feel like I wasted it now

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    started a poll Did your vote count?

Did your vote count?

Yes
    46.88%
    No
    34.38%
    I voted for AndyW
    18.75%

Working...
X