• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sovereign watch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sovereign watch"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "enjoyed the weakness" is a funny phrase, that's all.

I am finishing off invoices right now - takes longer than usual
    Are you saying that the values change the speed of computation. FRACK ME I'm soooooooooooooo in the wrong quantum reality.

You lot are fracking mental

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    OK, would you care to report what has happened in your delusional world.
    "enjoyed the weakness" is a funny phrase, that's all.

I am finishing off invoices right now - takes longer than usual

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    He’ll give us SKA news now!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The pound has enjoyed the weakness in the euro this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Every time I see this thread in the list I have a vision of a giant chav watch with a gold sovereign as the face.

Well. Makes me laugh...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Still no big run on the Pound. Things looking subdued, simmering...
    There was a big move down first thing when Brown said he was staying. However, it turned around after Cleggie said that the Conservatives should have a go. The pound has stabalised against the dollar since then and has enjoyed the weakness in the euro this afternoon.

If the Con Lib talks fail or Lab do something to hold on then the sell off will resume.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Still no big run on the Pound. Things looking subdued, simmering...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Almost 1% down against USD now, over 2% down against the Euro. And as for gold, well that's just getting silly now.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well, that will make SKA more competitive in US and EU markets

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Sterling 0.68% down against USD, 1.5% against Euro. Not too bad... so far.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    GBP 2.4% down against the Dollar today now and gold keeps charging upity up.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Gold at £26,200/kg, Sterling down 1.91% against the Dollar and almost 6% against Yen today, so far. And even managed a little drop against the Euro.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Gold has also set a new record high today measured against Sterling.
    Good job we have plenty in reserve eh? Good old Prudence!! Of course that was back in the days before he saved the world.

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    £ has dropped below $1.50 for the first time in ages. Gold has also set a new record high today measured against Sterling.
    It's good job they just struck gold in a Cornish tin mine. I can almost hear Gordon dancing around number 10 singing 'We're saved, we're saved'.

By the way, does anyone reckon that Gordon has actually packed his stuff up at Number 10? I really don't believe he has, hoping to do a Ted Heath for several more months.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X