• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Buy Euro's

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Buy Euro's"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Lady Tester has a small Lancia; she likes Santorini.
    I like Santorini. Fortunately I got there just before tourism came to town and could enjoy it in its unspoilt state. Mind you, you could sleep on the beach back then, which was handy when tiny Greek wimmin elbowed us out of the way for the last bus at night. Boy they were vicious!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Amateur...

Care to expand?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Das sind hübsche Biene—und wann öffnen sie?
    And the brits I've met so far seem very cagy, what's up with that?

Another beautiful sunny day here, running for cover to get in the shade.

Forget about my comments regarding a depreciating euro against the pound, I just paid €2.30 for my 2 lunch in the canteen - this place is as cheap as chips!!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    S & P downgrades Spain

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Yesterday was a flight to the 'safety' of US Treasury bonds. Since the world didn't end, things are unwinding a bit today. However, there is a bit of contagion from Greece into the UK markets.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Sorry, I was being sarcy.

I think you meant points not percent.
    whoops

I did indeed. Mea culpa.

But isn't any rise such as this offset by the weaker currency? Could someone be pulling the strings?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    more detail needed HAB.

Sorry, I was being sarcy.

I think you meant points not percent.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    'king 'ell.
    more detail needed HAB.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    FTSE now up 10%

But sterling is weaker.

'king 'ell.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You're quids-in then mate!
    FTSE now up 10%

But sterling is weaker.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I've got quite a lot of them.
    You're quids-in then mate!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Pound dropping against the Euro..... now that is worrying!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Now that've I just begun work in Berlin and paid in euros it's not great news to be sure, although my 1st invoice shall not be written some 3-4 months into the contract.

By which time I'm telling myself, the election is over and the real truth of our situation is out to the world, how then do you think the pound will fair? I'm really not looking forward to Q3 Q4

Rent in Berlin is cheap, food seems cheap too and whilst I'm earning/spending the euro it feels like the better place to be in, I've only been here a few days the Germans I'm speaking too seem really friendly - I can see why folks get stuck our here for the long term.
    Das sind hübsche Biene—und wann öffnen sie?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    The price of gold in GDP went up by about £600 / kg today

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    They could be collectors items in years to come.
    I just heard from Max Keiser that short positions on the euro are at an all time high.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X