• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: At this juncture

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "At this juncture"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    It's a 2 month extension not a prison sentence - invoice, invoice, invoice.
    WCS...

Also, if you're already in a BA role, but have a tech background, and want to rely less upon 'the speed of people' but utilise both competencies with a good daily rate, why don't you work towards being a systems analyst?

As for *sof******dumb'... We'll wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• SofaKingdom
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Which banned user are you then?
    Never been banned. I have found your drivel so riveting since joining I have consumed all your work. It's unique.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
    Good summation of 4036 posts
    Which banned user are you then?

Leave a comment:

• SofaKingdom
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    its all bollox
    Good summation of 4036 posts

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    its all bollox
    Life? Feeling down? PM me, I'll cheer you up

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    its all bollox

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    No idea if you're that kind of person, but a job that doesn't involve coding could reawaken any past enjoyment of coding outside work. Either simply for fun, or learning new tech, or towards a Plan B.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You came bounding in like an over eager puppy as usual. I suggest you just pissed your puppy pads and this explains the smell.

Now fook off, I'm thinking about Zippy's post.

HTH
    Well we dont have all night. Dont think too hard.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Go and sit with MF.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Usual tulipe
    You came bounding in like an over eager puppy as usual. I suggest you just pissed your puppy pads and this explains the smell.

Now fook off, I'm thinking about Zippy's post.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I have just accepted a 2 month extension with ClientCo. Very pleased to get it. But it dawned on me this morning, after all I have done, troubleshooted, improved, endured, learned and witnessed . . . .
    Well Done

I am bored.
    Yep. Reading this....

I took on a BA role and am missing the dirty hands on coding. Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to be a programmer all my life, but by the same token I find listening to stakeholders winge on and one, and moving "at the speed of people" is losing it's appeal.
    Yep. Whinging. Yep. Got it.

It lacks something. Problem solving I think. Churning out specs all day long is ok for a time, but man cannot live on bread alone. Some sort of hybrid role?
    Hybrid is good. I do hybrid. Gets you more opportunities and you dont need to be a master of any one area.

Am I just a bedwetter, or does anyone on here "get" this and can offer some pearl?
    Just what is that smell? Sniff sniff. Its like ammonia, every time you post!?!?

[Extremely grateful to be working and invoicing - before anyone gets 'uppety']
    Kerchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg gggggggg!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Suity, I think you need to re-evalute your definition of problem solving. That is one of the thngs a BA does?
    I think you need to really think about why you don't like what you are doing. Handling whinging people is an excercise in problem solving (i.e. how can I make these people happy, how can I make this better)
    Good post
    I think sometimes people thrive on moaning and if they have nothing to moan about they are not happy. [This is not me btw]

I will have a deeper think, like you say.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Suity, I think you need to re-evalute your definition of problem solving. That is one of the thngs a BA does?
    I think you need to really think about why you don't like what you are doing. Handling whinging people is an excercise in problem solving (i.e. how can I make these people happy, how can I make this better)

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    au contraire. The pattern is good contractors get renewed. My renewal would have been until the end of the year if there was budget in place. In two months time there will be budget in place and a lengthy renewal is on the cards. Hence the conundrum. I am pretty lousy at "just invoicing" and actually take pride and enjoyment in what I do. If I don't have this then I get down. Noticeably down.
    You need to grow a pair

Leave a comment:

Working...
X