• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Presidential Debate #1: Who won?"

Collapse

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    How many votes do you get?
    In this election I get two, as the local elections are on the same day.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    My votes are not swayed by the opinions of slack jawed yokels.
    How many votes do you get?

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Brown sounded the most convincing

Cameron never did answer the question on funding for polics and education, he's just another Tony Blair in waiting

Clegg made his name by simply repeating himself about openess,honestly etc.... and getting the odd word in edgeways at the expense of the other two.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Nick Clegg seems to have won the media battle. All the media are saying he did the best, but I thought he seemed a bit out of his depth and without anything relevant to say. Charles Kennedy would have sold the Lib Dem case much better.

I thought Brown was the most confident, and did his usual good job of making the same old nonsense sound reasonable. But I'd say Cameron won, based on substance if perhaps not style.

But overall I think they all did more or less what I expected and nothing altered my opinion of any of them. But it was more entertaining than I thought it was going to be.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Nobody really, Foot would have destroyed them all as would have Thatcher, she could have strung them all up even today, Blair would have destroyed them all with the business management style he brought to this country's politics I still hate him for. Alex Salmond would have went through them and I hate the SNP and their politics but he is probably the best political leader in the country if you want an old fashioned political debate.

As a conservative I will say Brown actually looked like he knew how the job works and that makes me glum. Nothing stands out for me. Nobody won.

Depressing we are left with this choice.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I did like the approval graph they showed, wish that was available on the live program.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I did like the approval graph they showed, wish that was available on the live program.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Oh, FFS.

"George Osbourne - who won the debate?"

"blah, blah, waffle, waffle, waffle, blah, Gordon Brown was mean to Dave, blah, nothing"

ANSWER THE ****ING QUESTION!!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Could they have possibly added in

"A bloke I spoke to" or "This lady down at my local" or "Theres this man in my fish shop thinks he's Elvis"

and where was the fisticuffs. They are all to bland.

I would have given anything to have seen one of them do a Churchill style!

"F ck off seriously" comment.
    In Boomsday, there is a point in the presidential debate when the candidate turns to the president and just says "STFU".

I'd like to see that in the next debate.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Could they have possibly added in

"A bloke I spoke to" or "This lady down at my local" or "Theres this man in my fish shop thinks he's Elvis"

and where was the fisticuffs. They are all to bland.

I would have given anything to have seen one of them do a Churchill style!

"F ck off seriously" comment.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Cameron had everything to lose, and did so.

Brown had little to lose, and seemed to do OK. Kudos for the "I'm hip" bit at the end by mentioning X Factor.

Clegg has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Possibly more people will know who he is now.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just going to do that.

The whole thing was weak, but Clegg came out on top IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a poll Presidential Debate #1: Who won?

Presidential Debate #1: Who won?

Brown
    10.26%
    Cameron
    15.38%
    Clegg
    46.15%
    Nobody, they all suck
    15.38%
    AndyW
    12.82%
    Poll on it's way...