• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm glad I'm not important"

Collapse

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Picture the scene at clientco. Senior execs and 'VPs' getting all worked up because they can't get to London for a meeting tomorrow.
    Tell him all the contractors made it home last night and what's his problem.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Typical pointy head who thinks that technology can replace face to face interraction.

I am surprised at you Mitch
    Of course it can't. But in the circumstances, any sensible person will surely accept the telephone as an alternative, or just wait until monday.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I may be being a touch cynical, but telecommuting won't get you a weekend in London on expenses either.
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You cant bang you bit on the side from the London office over teleconference either!!
    I think you chaps have spotted the real issue here.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Typical pointy head who thinks that technology can replace face to face interraction.

You cant bang you bit on the side from the London office over teleconference either!!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I may be being a touch cynical, but telecommuting won't get you a weekend in London on expenses either.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied

Yes it will. But not quite yet. You might make it until retirement.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Honestly, I'm glad I'm just a contract test person. Better than being a self important shyte.
    Did that person mention that a very very long time he used to be a guru of SAS programs?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    If they were that important they would be based in London in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Picture the scene at clientco. Senior execs and 'VPs' getting all worked up because they can't get to London for a meeting tomorrow. One of them's hassling his secretary who's been on the phone all day trying to get him a hire car and a ferry ticket but all the ferries are full and the hire cars are all booked. So he just keeps ordering her to find a way to get him to London. Another one exclaims furiously 'you Yurrupeans don't even dare to fly through a cloud!'

How sad. Besides the fact that the world's techies have provided the wonder of telephony to resolve exactly this problem, what makes someone think he's so fooking important that when a big cloud of volcanic ash flies across Europe everyone should move heaven and earth to get him to London? What kind of a **** are you if you just can't accept that you might have to wait until monday?

Honestly, I'm glad I'm just a contract test person. Better than being a self important shyte.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Picture the scene at clientco. Senior execs and 'VPs' getting all worked up because they can't get to London for a meeting tomorrow. One of them's hassling his secretary who's been on the phone all day trying to get him a hire car and a ferry ticket but all the ferries are full and the hire cars are all booked. So he just keeps ordering her to find a way to get him to London. Another one exclaims furiously 'you Yurrupeans don't even dare to fly through a cloud!'

How sad. Besides the fact that the world's techies have provided the wonder of telephony to resolve exactly this problem, what makes someone think he's so fooking important that when a big cloud of volcanic ash flies across Europe everyone should move heaven and earth to get him to London? What kind of a **** are you if you just can't accept that you might have to wait until monday?

and you probably earn more and work less hours! Bargain lol

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    started a topic I'm glad I'm not important

I'm glad I'm not important

Working...
X