• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Chill

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chill"

Collapse

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I tend to use LastFM. I like the fact I can choose an artist and it then builds a radio playlist around it
    Just read that Last.fm are planning to ditch their own on-demand streaming service, and instead defer to the likes of Spotify.

http://mashable.com/2010/04/12/lastfm-streaming/

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hey like that chill. Got classical Chiloout CDs but scratched from excessive play.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Radio 6 costs million pa to run

BBC 6 = Radio 2 Extra
    BBC 7 = Radio 4 Extra.

WHAT THE FRACK IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

BBC 7 is an archive station and if it costs more than buttons to run then there should be a a fraud investigation.

BBC 6 - How the frack does that cost 6 million to run???????? If there is that much of an audience for it - privatise it.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    All our DAB radios are tuned to Radio 6 - no for much longer though if the BBC has its way - barstewards
    Good news!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    All our DAB radios are tuned to Radio 6 - no for much longer though if the BBC has its way - barstewards

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicely Nicely View Post
    The story of Radio Birdsong.
    Radio Birdsong had once again captured the imagination of listeners and the press. Stories emerged of inmates in Her Majesty’s prisons listening to the birdsong to remind them of life outside ("Birdsong doing Bird", one newspaper inevitably headlined).
    I got my DAB radio when I was in hospital just over a year ago. I tried the birdsong channel for a bit, but got hooked on Classic FM in the end (with a bit of Radio 7)

To this date the only channels set up on my radio are 1. Classic FM, 2. Radio 4, and 3. Radio 7.

I've had Chill running for a bit on the laptop. I might set that up on the DAB later.

Leave a comment:

• Nicely Nicely
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicely Nicely View Post
    You can listen to it now if you want: online.
    The story of Radio Birdsong.

Leave a comment:

• Nicely Nicely
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Is the channel with the birds twittering still going?
    You can listen to it now if you want: online.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Is the channel with the birds twittering still going?

Leave a comment:

• TroubleAtMill
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Anyone else listen to an internet radio station called Chill?

Came across it about a week ago and loving the laid back tunes.
    Been listening to it on-and-off for about five years, originally on DAB. It was especially helpful for getting to sleep as there weren't any DJs and virtually no ads. Chill and 6Music made my DAB receiver worth its asking price.

I believe it was originally set up by the owner of the DAB multiplex as a stop gap but it become so popular they just left it on.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I find this show pretty relaxing on a Sunday

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I tend to use LastFM. I like the fact I can choose an artist and it then builds a radio playlist around it

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    started a topic Chill

Chill

Anyone else listen to an internet radio station called Chill?

Came across it about a week ago and loving the laid back tunes.

Working...
X