• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Man U vs Bayern

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Man U vs Bayern"

Collapse

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Make one up!

Do vat ze Germanz do (No I don't mean round up Jews and put 'em in a gas chamber, that wouldn't help at all... - anyway zat vas ze Nazis und zey all left after ze var!) stick ze vords togezzer!

Und now ve haf

happinessatthemisfortuneofothers!

Pronounced HA PINESSAT HEMISFOR TUNEO FOTHERS!
    Ah, slightly harder to say than schadenfreude though

Originally posted by Avenue Q the Musical
    Nicky: Schadenfreude - what's that, some kind of n@zi word?

Gary: Yep - it's German for the happiness at the misfortune of others.

Nicky: Happiness at the misfortune of others??? That is German!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    If only there was some kind of word that meant happiness at the misfortune of others.....
    Make one up!

Do vat ze Germanz do (No I don't mean round up Jews and put 'em in a gas chamber, that wouldn't help at all... - anyway zat vas ze Nazis und zey all left after ze var!) stick ze vords togezzer!

Und now ve haf

happinessatthemisfortuneofothers!

Pronounced HA PINESSAT HEMISFOR TUNEO FOTHERS!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    If only there was some kind of word that meant happiness at the misfortune of others.....
    I think my post did it quite well

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    lets see if the dippers can do any better tonight

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Boo Hoo United.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I thought football threads should be started in LR?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Those times are past now, and in the past they must remain!
    Bloody hell - you and Minestrone being civil to each other? Crikey... what next?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    My missus was translator/interpretor/steward for the massed hordes of Zenit fans at the game to which I think you allude.

Her role, should she have chosen to accept it, was to tell several thousand pissed-up russkies that they can't stand up, can't smoke and can't drink within sight of the pitch.....
    I wasn't alluding to any particular game, just providing a(n untypically for me) measured response to Minestrone's bigoted rant.

(It's a line from "Flower of Scotland")

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Manchester has a lot to be thankful to both the Germans and the Irish as both brought a large amount of redevelopment to the city!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    My missus was translator/interpretor/steward for the massed hordes of Zenit fans at the game to which I think you allude.

Her role, should she have chosen to accept it, was to tell several thousand pissed-up russkies that they can't stand up, can't smoke and can't drink within sight of the pitch.....

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    very good churchy
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    very good churchy

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    At least it was the friendly huns this time, there was not 150,000 of them pissing all over the street, singing the sash and beating up the coppers.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Fergie also had a bit of a moan about the fact that the German "sprinted" over to get the lad sent off.

Come on Fergie - you started all this hounding the ref ages ago

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Indeed. The Irish can never be accused of singing loudly in the streets
    But if they were Irish, I wouldn't have been afraid of shouting out the window for them to shut the f3ck up!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X