• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Malaysian GP and the BBC channel change"

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...d_Prix_Part_1/

and

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...d_Prix_Part_2/

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I assume they are using a translation such as the King James, which is several hundred years old. Plus, it's some weird translation of past/present tense at the same time... along the lines of "he was raised and is still raised". I don't know English does well at grammar for a statement which refers to a past event and a continued state of affairs at the same time... some Latin buff could explain better, all I know is Hebrew/Greek don't translate nicely to English.

It's a traditional phrase used by Christians on Easter for hundreds if not thousands of years. Probably one started by the English.
    Last edited by d000hg; 5 April 2010, 11:33.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Bloody BBC. Did anyone note the appalling grammar mistake of the religious nonsense following? "He is risen": WTF does that mean? We speak ENGLISH in England, thankyou BBC.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    By the way, I think they put the entire F1 on iPlayer, they did last year.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    What about those who still can't get BBC2?
    Tough. Who are these people?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Putting the F1 on BBC2 the whole way through would have been best I'd have thought.
    What about those who still can't get BBC2?

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    BBC do a "GP in 90 seconds" - that should be enough to cover the "exciting" bit.

Or there are the fuller highlights in 8 minutes.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to watch the whole thing, but the quick highlights online are pretty good

Curiously, the "GP in 90 seconds" clip lasts 104 seconds...
    Last edited by The Wikir Man; 5 April 2010, 09:41.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's Easter Sunday. The single biggest day in the Christian calendar, in what is still (officially) a Christian country.

Even as a Christian myself, I can't imagine it makes sense to be on BBC based on viewing figures, but relegating it would be like not showing the Queen's Speech at Christmas... practically of little importance but not worth the hassle due to complaints.

Putting the F1 on BBC2 the whole way through would have been best I'd have thought.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    What confused me was:

GP 8am - 10am BBC1 then 10am - 11am BBC2

From 10am - 11am on BBC1 was some tulipty religious program. Why not just put that on BBC2. I'm sure no one would have minded it being "relegated" to BBC2.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I forgot to record it. It was rubbish anyway I gather.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I remember one occasion my Humax detected such a thing and recorded both parts, not this time though. There must be some way to encode this data, sometimes series-linking does some strange things.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    It's not like you weren't warned, though.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    It's on BBC 3 tonight at 12:30 I think

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    started a topic Malaysian GP and the BBC channel change

Malaysian GP and the BBC channel change

Ho ho, Sky+ only recorded the first hour of the race because the BBC decided to flip the race from BBC1 to BBC2 halfway through. Of course, Sky series link didn't pick this up and begin recording from BBC2.

Flip, was looking like a good race too!

<begins hunting for a torrent>

Working...
X