• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Longest Time in Contract with no Web access"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Just started at place where they don't allow any, even lunchtimes. tulipe!!! Backward bluddy places.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    mmmmmm dots

I've also remembered the hum/buz noise they made when they were powerd on

and if it was cold in the winter you just put one on the floor and hey a fan heater

dem wer da days

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    ahh yes those were the days, wheN I had 3 terminals on my desk, so I could access 3 seperate systems.

When one died I got a new on which had AMBER text

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Xerxes
    Years, but then again I am an older geezer and unlike some of you young 'uns can remember a time when no one had heard of the web.
    You mean NewsNet and Listserve on the old 3270 green screen ?

Then along came somehting called http and mosiac, I told them it would never catch on ...

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    2 months on a dumb as400 terminal.

Leave a comment:

• Xerxes
    replied
    Years, but then again I am an older geezer and unlike some of you young 'uns can remember a time when no one had heard of the web.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    started a topic Longest Time in Contract with no Web access

Longest Time in Contract with no Web access

Me? 2 weeks.
    Unbearable

Working...
X