• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Punishing the rich

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Punishing the rich"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by bingobob View Post
    I'd like to punish the rich. They have things I don't...
    Quite. Why should they have more money? They only work the same hours I do. Or as I would if it wasn't for my slightly achey back.

They stole it off the backs of good honest workers anyway. And they hardly pay any tax.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...ich-taxes.html

And this is why Labour are going to win.

Leave a comment:

• bingobob
    replied
    I'd like to punish the rich. They have things I don't and it makes me jealous and unhappy. Other people that I'd like to punish are professional footballers (as in soccer players) and blokes with attractive girlfriends. They all make me angry inside!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    A northern bloke where I work,...
    Just tell him that he should be grateful that his employer is so patriotic, and caring for the unfortunate, to have a northerner working there. If the company only considered the bottom line then he would be out and Bob would be sitting in his chair.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    a) He's Northern. It's a well known fact 99% have never owned a £50 note and those who have had mugged a Southerner
    b) All Northerners are militant labour supports
    c) 90% of Northerners are on benefits
    d) Northerners are famous for their lack of humour.

Tell him to kfc back up North if he dont like it.

HTH
    Guilty as charged m'lud.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    No point in punishing people for being rich, poor, southern, northern.
    But we can still punish the chavs can we not?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    What does this oik consider to be the definition of ‘rich’?

Surely almost everyone in western Europe is ‘rich’, given that we take clean water, a roof over our heads, plentiful food, free education and healthcare for granted?
    You mean 'pay through the nose for', rather than 'take for granted'.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    A northern bloke where I work, in a southern financial institution, says "we need to punish the rich". Note he was referring to the rich as a whole, not just bankers or other bete noires of the moment.

I've heard similar comments before. This view still appears to carry a lot of weight.

What have the rich done that deserves punishment?
    Anyway, another little point. Maybe the chap should stop to think for a moment and consider whether his rants are actually maintaining the class divisions from which he seems to suffer. Perhaps he doesn’t actually know any ‘rich’ people, because they avoid him out of fear for his rather aggressive attitude to those with more money than himself. Perhaps he should also ask himself why rich people send their children to private schools; in many cases they do it because they’re genuinely scared that their children will have the crap beaten out of them every day in a state school for living in a big house on the top of the hill or having a different accent. It perhaps sounds silly, but this really happens. I know that from personal experience. Perhaps when little revolutionaries like him stop making stupid, ignorant comments about anyone he arbitrarily declares to be among ‘the rich’ there might be a chance for Britain’s class ridden society to start breaking down barriers. It seems to work quite well on the other side of the North Sea. I’m not saying there are no class divisions at all, but generally people seem less concerned about ‘the rich’ and ‘the oiks’.

Leave a comment:

• rz6bm7
    replied

Surely almost everyone in western Europe is ‘rich’, given that we take clean water, a roof over our heads, plentiful food, free education and healthcare for granted?
    Very true, I think globally to be 'rich' you simply need clean water food and somewhere to sleep - if your really lucky not to be in danger of some kind of colonial dispute.
    Maybe his concern is over the definition of being poor???, in this case I think it;s safe to assume anyone with either pigeons or a whippet considers everyone else to be rich in comparison

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    'tis me. I just like to mix parody and rational questioning for no particular reason. Still, makes me type so I guess people think I'm doing some work.

Perhaps I have a multiple personality disorder. Shall I ask him?
    You got confused there for a second. Cool, professional logic for the workplace, childish pub banter for the General forum. Don't screw up again!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    'tis me. I just like to mix parody and rational questioning for no particular reason. Still, makes me type so I guess people think I'm doing some work.

Perhaps I have a multiple personality disorder. Shall I ask them?
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Very good point, very well made... Someone hacked Mich's account???

Perhaps I have a multiple personality disorder. Shall I ask him?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I went to a manky State School and we had a fives court - although by the time I got there it was used for storage. My woodwork teacher drove a Moskvich so maybe he was a commie.

No point in punishing people for being rich, poor, southern, northern.
    Of course it was used as a storage space. Oiks do not understand fives.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Very good point, very well made... Someone hacked Mich's account???

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X