• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "And now, the end is near"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Cos he's hit that age where nostalgia is easier to live with than the present.
    Oi! I resemble that remark!

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Why?
    Cos he's hit that age where nostalgia is easier to live with than the present.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    noone is bigger than the forum

Maybe because MF has reached this milestone?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Couldn't resist dragging this one from the depths...
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Couldn't resist dragging this one from the depths...

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    No it isn't - it may be addictive but it's not an addiction.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Too right. Now if only he could apply the same willpower to his anal retentiveness...............

There'd be crap all over the place! Erm... wait a minute...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    i'm simply pointing out your banging on about proving something I've not said, I have no intention of quitting smoking, I enjoy it, the same way I enjoy a beer or 3, but it's interesting you always have to have the last word on a topic.. a sign of stubborness, the need to feel you won the argument irrelevant of the facts or a sign of a person who has control issues, well done on quitting your addiction to cig's though.
    All that typing for me? Ah bless

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    well done on quitting your addiction to cig's though.
    Too right. Now if only he could apply the same willpower to his anal retentiveness...............

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Well seeing that you seem to want to carry on this conversation, why not just quit.

Simples*

*anything but, nevertheless possible. TBH there's nothing as boring as a smoker telling us how much they've "cut down"
    i'm simply pointing out your banging on about proving something I've not said, I have no intention of quitting smoking, I enjoy it, the same way I enjoy a beer or 3, but it's interesting you always have to have the last word on a topic.. a sign of stubborness, the need to feel you won the argument irrelevant of the facts or a sign of a person who has control issues, well done on quitting your addiction to cig's though.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I smoke
    I drink
    I hold down a succesful job and am bringing up a respectable family

at some point I will die - the cause of my death may or may not be related to my 'addictions'

however I will be happy and enjoy my life

and that is more important then anything

oh and by the way - that cup of coffee you have with cafeine(sp) in it - thats an addiction too
    No it isn't - it may be addictive but it's not an addiction.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I smoke
    I drink
    I hold down a succesful job and am bringing up a respectable family

at some point I will die - the cause of my death may or may not be related to my 'addictions'

however I will be happy and enjoy my life

and that is more important then anything

oh and by the way - that cup of coffee you have with cafeine(sp) in it - thats an addiction too

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    point well made, now quote me the bit where I said I'm not addicted

Well seeing that you seem to want to carry on this conversation, why not just quit.

Simples*

*anything but, nevertheless possible. TBH there's nothing as boring as a smoker telling us how much they've "cut down"

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You're addicted to nicotine. End off. 10-15 is bad enough.
    I know, I used to be too.*

* yes there's nothing as bad as an ex-smoker.
    point well made, now quote me the bit where I said I'm not addicted

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    ummm first off I never said I'm not addicted and how is reducing 60 a week to 10-15 a delusion, it's simple maths based on the facts that I know how many and how often I buy cigarettes..

2/10 for trolling there sas, must try harder
    You're addicted to nicotine. End off. 10-15 is bad enough.
    I know, I used to be too.*

* yes there's nothing as bad as an ex-smoker.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X