• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fitness

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fitness"

Collapse

• rz6bm7
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Ok, I'll spell it out for you. They know how to drive, don't like common people and can afford a car.
    Apparently not entirely true , as they always complain about the availabilty parking in relation to their membership costs. odd really as I am guessing they certainly have plenty of money left for food....
    [slightly bitter as these people are normally spoiling a perfectly good training session for me]

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by rz6bm7 View Post
    is a little more worthwhile! - I have alway been puzzled by the people who get on the treadmill for 30 mins at 4.5 miles an hour then drive to and from the gym
    Ok, I'll spell it out for you. They know how to drive, don't like common people and can afford a car.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    is a little more worthwhile! - I have alway been puzzled by the people who get on the treadmill for 30 mins at 4.5 miles an hour then drive to and from the gym
    I always wonder what's the point? They always seem to hog the machines too.
    To be fair though, a friend of mine pointed out that a lot of these people are women would prefer to jog outside but they get too much unwanted attention from builders/ drivers/ beer boys etc & feel more comfortable on the treadmill.

Leave a comment:

• rz6bm7
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    correction - 6.5 mph

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    You might be better have a good walk in the fresh air than 20 mins 6.5 k on a treadmill..
    correction - 6.5 mph

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    x50? What are you trying to achieve? All cut and no size?
    Local muscle endurance perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• rz6bm7
    replied
    12kg bicep curls x 50
    17.5kg clean & jerk x 50
    12kg bicep curls x 50
    70 press ups
    30 inclined sit ups
    70 ab cradle crunches X 3
    treadmill 20 mins @ 6.5 kph 4% incline
    You might be better have a good walk in the fresh air than 20 mins 6.5 k on a treadmill..

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    tone

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    12kg bicep curls x 50
    17.5kg clean & jerk x 50
    12kg bicep curls x 50
    70 press ups
    30 inclined sit ups

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    My lunchtime work out....

12kg bicep curls x 50
    17.5kg clean & jerk x 50
    12kg bicep curls x 50
    70 press ups
    30 inclined sit ups

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    there’s no substitute for sweat.
    OK, I know you'll post it soon enough, so let's just get it out of the way:

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    thanks Mich

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I have a Vision Fitness running machine at home

when working form home I use it every other day

25minutes 4km

it is very relaxing

next aquisition - this year, as previously discussed will be
    a Concept 2 ergo

Milan.
    Can highly recommend it. Best machine on the market. Take a look at their website for some training programs too. I believe it was late eighties when they first gave them to all members of the England’s rugby squad, back in the amateur days. Their fitness went skywards and the results went the same way. The other great thing about it is it’s durability; it’s used by Olympic rowers day in day out, who produce a lot of power, and if it can cope with that it’ll easily cope with the rest of us farties. The cheaper ones will break as soon as you reach a good level of fitness.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Should be doing 13 miles tonight.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I have a Vision Fitness running machine at home

when working form home I use it every other day

25minutes 4km

it is very relaxing

next aquisition - this year, as previously discussed will be