• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where is the prime minister?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    EDIT: OK, if you can bear to listen to him then he starts his speech mentioning that he is at "the Hub", whatever that is.
    I believe it is aka "the wrong end of the stick".

HTH

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    We're at War

Our island is saddled with debt

Transport is grinding to a halt

and he's worried about the speed of our internet connection?

Presumably so he can start taxing our broadband connections ?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    We're at War

Our island is saddled with debt

Transport is grinding to a halt

and he's worried about the speed of our internet connection?

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Not that I'm missing him or anything but he's been remarkable absent from the house of commons in the past couple of days...
    He was giving a speech this morning about giving high speed internet access to all, or something like that.

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page22896
    WARNING - The video clip on the page of Gordon Brown speaking plays automatically so you need to jump in quick if you don't want to hear it.

The speech took place somewhere in London, but I can't see anybody reporting where, or to whom, this speech was made.

EDIT: OK, if you can bear to listen to him then he starts his speech mentioning that he is at "the Hub", whatever that is.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 22 March 2010, 23:09.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    He's probably busy trying to get his Mrs pregnant. Ideally with triplets. That'd show the country that he's more of a man than "Dave".

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The past couple of days were Saturday and Sunday. I believe the House of Commons isn't open then.
    Pettifogger

Today and Friday.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The past couple of days were Saturday and Sunday. I believe the House of Commons isn't open then.
    Good point. Perhaps he was painting his onsuite bathroom at No 10!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yep a blind Scottish Blofeld. God help us!
    Divine intervention is unlikely. A labour victory however, that's just heaven...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    He is masterminding the next general election where we will see our brave leader emerge victorious.

He is Caesar, he is Hannibal, he is Peter the Great, he is a Scottish Napoleon, he is the Nelson who grew his arm back, he is Gordon Brown.
    Yep a blind Scottish Blofeld. God help us!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    He is masterminding the next general election where we will see our brave leader emerge victorious.

He is Caesar, he is Hannibal, he is Peter the Great, he is a Scottish Napoleon, he is the Nelson who grew his arm back, he is Gordon Brown.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I don't vote so I can't speak, but my goodness I could not distinguish the difference between an MP lobbying for a far away land after a paid holiday to the Maldives and a dole collecting job dodging ned.

Completely out for themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    The election is getting closer. Labour are keeping him out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I believe he is in the Maldives. Shhhhhh!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    In one these guys establishments.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X