• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My central heating broke down....."

Collapse

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    so still not sure whether he was having a laugh or genuinely didn't appreciate what he was saying.
    I think the luvvies were having a laugh at the expense of a certain subsection of society wrt to Are You Being Served. I genuinely don't think middle class people of my parents' generation got the joke - otherwise it would never have been allowed to air.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    The first IT manager I worked for in the mid 80s always referred to his cat as pussy. It was when he was needing a new feline entrance and started on about pussy flaps that we all lost it completely. He was always extremely old fashioned and professional - referred to the managers as Mr/Mrs and made us youngsters feel like we were at school, so still not sure whether he was having a laugh or genuinely didn't appreciate what he was saying.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    ....and I had to open the oven and hold my pussy in front of it.
    Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    ftfy
    Apparently, they did have 23 kids.*

* may be a lie.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    My grandparents. They loved a bit.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Before the watershed as well - mind you, it was the most appalling rubbish, so I don't know who was watching it
    My grandparents. They loved a bit of innuendo.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Can't believe they used to show that on primetime TV back then.
    Before the watershed as well - mind you, it was the most appalling rubbish, so I don't know who was watching it

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    started a topic My central heating broke down.....

My central heating broke down.....

....and I had to open the oven and hold my pussy in front of it.

A compilation of all the very best Mrs Slocombe pussy jokes....
    link

Can't believe they used to show that on primetime TV back then.

Working...
X