• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is it with the British workman?"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    What is it with the British workman?

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Why is it that he is invariably a cock-up merchant?
    Nothing new there.

Sorry to see that you've had the British workman in the house. He's a token of evil.
    Sherlock Holmes to Dr Watson in The Crooked Man, 1894.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I have found that if I pay the correct rate and go with an established company which has been in business for years, I get the right result every time.

Got new windows and doors -> local family company came and installed on time.
    Got new boiler -> local family company and installed on time.
    Got new carpets -> local family company and installed on time.

Obviously I did not hire a cowboy to do the job or else I would have had the same issues you had.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    This isn't one of yer crappy Swindon showers over a tub - this is an quarter bathroom shower overhead as well as hand held, steaming facilities and all round jets. And radio to listen to.

FFS
    Sas, wake up mate! You've fallen asleep in the car wash again!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    You're getting really dull, you know that?
    Pot? Meet Kettle..............!!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It's been demonstrated that people are more agitated due to global warming, so probably causing all this sloppiness. I would reduce your carbon footprint.

You're getting really dull, you know that?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    It's been demonstrated that people are more agitated due to global warming, so probably causing all this sloppiness. I would reduce your carbon footprint.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Like the old joke...

Fella goes to hardware shop, asks for some two-by-two....

"Oh, it's all metric nowadays, no two-by-two anymore, you have to ask for 50mm square now..."

"Ok, I'll have some 50mm square, how much is that then?"

"10 bob a foot, Sir......"

Shall I just delete this?
    Nope, I like that one.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I doubt it was manufactured abroad, as he mentioned something about it being a foreign shower and that that English glaziers didn't do 5mm width (or some other such bollux).
    Either way my comment stands.
    6mm is the new standard thickness, make sure that the glass is toughened. Most glass suppliers have a machine for toughening glass.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Like the old joke...

Fella goes to hardware shop, asks for some two-by-two....

"Oh, it's all metric nowadays, no two-by-two anymore, you have to ask for 50mm square now..."

"Ok, I'll have some 50mm square, how much is that then?"

"10 bob a foot, Sir......"

Shall I just delete this?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Seems a bit wilmslow-esque to me...
    Well yes the British tradesman seems to be ineffective and useless like the sockie Wilmslow.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    This isn't one of yer crappy Swindon showers over a tub - this is an quarter bathroom shower overhead as well as hand held, steaming facilities and all round jets. And radio to listen to.

FFS
    Nurse!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yes a shower curtain would have been a better solution.

FFS

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I doubt it was manufactured abroad, as he mentioned something about it being a foreign shower and that that English glaziers didn't do 5mm width (or some other such bollux).
    Either way my comment stands.
    Indeed, sounds like a load of bollox.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    << canned laughter >>

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Why is it that he is invariably a cock-up merchant? Needed a new pane of glass for the shower/steamer/jacuzzi thingy. Glazier comes in and measures it last Monday. On wednesday brings it in, glass is wrong size FFS.
    Re-orders, due in on friday, says could not make it.
    Meant to come today - hasn't.

Should have got a fooking Pole. mad

Leave a comment:

Working...
X