• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Football

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Football"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    And what part of Woking are you from?.....
    none of it

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    As a United fan.....
    And what part of Woking are you from?.....

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    As a United fan I think it was a borderline penalty but think Torres should have been booked for what he did. If you can get booked for kicking the ball away so you should be able to get booked for kicking lumps out of the pitch - I think overall United were good value for their win. I thought the amount of work Rooney put in was impressive especially compared to Gerrard!

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    He shoots, he scores
    he'll eat your Labradors
    Ji Sun.......

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    As a 'pool fan - I have to say it was borderline pen - and it could have gone either way.
    As to whether it was a red card - no chance, carra was making up the ground and it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Defacing the pen spot - that was just petty and the past 3 games Nando has played he has got book for petulant behaviour.

He is a world class striker and there was no need for it.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Wasn't justice done tho? Didn't the ball bobble up off the vandalised pen stop late on seccy half to cause the actual vandal (Torres) to fluff his kick for a possible equaliser?
    No idea. It surprised me that a player who deliberately vandalised the pitch was allowed to carry on playing.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Wasn't justice done tho? Didn't the ball bobble up off the vandalised pen stop late on seccy half to cause the actual vandal (Torres) to fluff his kick for a possible equaliser?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Is there no rule against players vandalizing the pitch?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Definitely a penalty by FIFA rules, which say that if a foul outside the box continues into the box (which can happen with holding) the referee must award a penalty.

I haven't got a link or time to find one.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Oh, Ah, Bob Boonah!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuOowMFAEM

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Its only a red card if its a clear goal scoring opportunity or he was the last man. Neither was the case.
    He was briefly the last man ( by a few inches)

also it was a clear goal scoring opportunity (even I would have bagged it from that angle/distance as a right footer!)

but as I say what comes around goes around.....

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    as an english man i could not agree more!

well done the frenchies
    WHS - my favourite game was France v Italy.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    yes it was a bit of an OT penalty

however you could argue that a red card and not a yellow should have been shown as he was (by a few inches) the last man.

swings n roundabouts anyway...

Its only a red card if its a clear goal scoring opportunity or he was the last man. Neither was the case.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    yes it was a bit of an OT penalty

however you could argue that a red card and not a yellow should have been shown as he was (by a few inches) the last man.

swings n roundabouts anyway...

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I saw some ‘high’lights of two big northern football companies, ‘ManU’ and ‘Liverpoo’ yesterday. There was much drama, indeed considerable thespian skills were displayed all round. One young blonde fellow playing for ’Liverpoo’ enjoyed vandalizing the pitch, kicking the penalty spot away and remonstrating with opponents and the referee as if he’d just been told he was going to be in detention and must write 500 lines. At another moment, the shortest fellow on the pitch, a Korean gentleman playing for ‘ManU’, leapt into the air and headed the ball toward the goal. A guy who looks like a potato kicked the ball at great force straight at the ‘Liverpoo’ goalkeeper, who stopped it with a dramatic dive, but then potatoman kicked it into the net. This to the anger of the ‘Liverpoo’ players who proceeded to vent their frustration at the ref, who didn’t really seem to take much notice of anyone’s antics, but seemed to be playing the role of umpire in an American Wrestling production, sort of wearing the uniform and shouting at people but actually just there as a decorative ornament. Eventually the ‘ManU’ beat the ‘Liverpoo’ and the manager of the ‘ManU’ remonstrated with the manager of the ‘Liverpoo’.

Is it all just a fix?
    Yes, course it was. The foul was outside the box so wasnt a penalty but the ref wanted to maintain his penalty award ratio to united, 6 in his last 8 games now.

Impressive. If it had been a horse race, there would have been a steward's inquiry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X