• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Ah, Bob Boonah!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuOowMFAEM

Comment

Definitely a penalty by FIFA rules, which say that if a foul outside the box continues into the box (which can happen with holding) the referee must award a penalty.

I haven't got a link or time to find one.

Comment

Is there no rule against players vandalizing the pitch?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Wasn't justice done tho? Didn't the ball bobble up off the vandalised pen stop late on seccy half to cause the actual vandal (Torres) to fluff his kick for a possible equaliser?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Wasn't justice done tho? Didn't the ball bobble up off the vandalised pen stop late on seccy half to cause the actual vandal (Torres) to fluff his kick for a possible equaliser?
            No idea. It surprised me that a player who deliberately vandalised the pitch was allowed to carry on playing.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

As a 'pool fan - I have to say it was borderline pen - and it could have gone either way.
              As to whether it was a red card - no chance, carra was making up the ground and it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Defacing the pen spot - that was just petty and the past 3 games Nando has played he has got book for petulant behaviour.

He is a world class striker and there was no need for it.

Comment

He shoots, he scores
                he'll eat your Labradors
                Ji Sun.......
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

As a United fan I think it was a borderline penalty but think Torres should have been booked for what he did. If you can get booked for kicking the ball away so you should be able to get booked for kicking lumps out of the pitch - I think overall United were good value for their win. I thought the amount of work Rooney put in was impressive especially compared to Gerrard!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    As a United fan.....
                    And what part of Woking are you from?.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      And what part of Woking are you from?.....
                      none of it
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X