• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Working in Iran

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working in Iran"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I think with Iran you can be lucky or very unlucky.
    I think there is an account that was picked up after a bomb went off, he was in the area and they needed someone to blame. Case closed.
    LOL Is this contender for understatement of the day??

Man : So how was Iran
    Contractor : Bastards kidnapped me, raped me for 2 weeks and then chopped my head off
    Man : Ohh unlucky!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Some friends of my wife went (only for a week) to lecture at a university in Tehran.

They had a great time.

I don't think they mentioned they were lesbians though.
    How good a friend was this lady to your wife. I am curious to know more... lots more... On a purely professional basis of course

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
    so is the contract to develop software to launch those nukes they are working on?
    They are not developing nukes, they are merely creating mobile nuclear power plants than can be moved from one location to another at very high speed, via a rocket system.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    so is the contract to develop software to launch those nukes they are working on?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    The county is fine if you are a man.
    Good points.
    Excellent food, fruit, fantastic ice-cream.
    Shops fully stocked with goods.
    High standard of living.
    Quite a few Brits there but lots of Germans and Japanese.
    Lots to see and do and plenty of leisure facilities.
    Skiing all the year round North of Tehran
    Very friendly and trusting people.
    Trains very good and cheap.

Bad Points.
    Tehran traffic bad and the air gets polluted in summer. Best properties are outside the city near the mountains.
    Loads of Afghan refugees escaping from the Taliban. “Some” Afghans are crooks and petty thieves so be careful of pickpockets and bad taxi drivers. Best Taxi service is the ones with women drivers, they are the best drivers. Male drives just show off.
    Alcoholic drinks are not publicly available but there are many private parties.

Will PM you today

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Some friends of my wife went (only for a week) to lecture at a university in Tehran.

They had a great time.

I don't think they mentioned they were lesbians though.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Can you get beheading insurance?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    What you've got to ask yourself is this.

Do you look good in an orange jumpsuit?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    The girls are Hawt!

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Certainly be an interesting experience.

Good luck with it if you decide to go...

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I think with Iran you can be lucky or very unlucky.

I think there is an account that was picked up after a bomb went off, he was in the area and they needed someone to blame. Case closed.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Wellingborough will have prepared you for anything.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Got a good opportunity to do some consulting in Iran which would be a nice earner. I've worked in a number of dodgy places before (Slough, Newcastle, Wellingborough, Tel Aviv, Dresden, Sarf Lahndan, etc.) so I do have some experience of being unobtrusive but Iran is a bit different. Just checking up on information and doing prelimanary background checks before signing any paperwork. Anyone worked there before? Should I stay or should I go?
    Go for it, I will post some details later and PM you.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    started a topic Working in Iran

Working in Iran

Got a good opportunity to do some consulting in Iran which would be a nice earner. I've worked in a number of dodgy places before (Slough, Newcastle, Wellingborough, Tel Aviv, Dresden, Sarf Lahndan, etc.) so I do have some experience of being unobtrusive but Iran is a bit different. Just checking up on information and doing prelimanary background checks before signing any paperwork. Anyone worked there before? Should I stay or should I go?

Working...
X