• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "more anti british discrimination"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    talk about having your head in the sand
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Not quite the attitude a mod should display.
    Sheesh. Sense of humour failure or what? Lighten up. It wasn't an entirely serious suggestion, more a variant on hyperbole. (But please don't joke about taking my skis away )
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Don't you think that the "It's the Daily Mail <snigger>" thing is rather tired now? Not to mention a somewhat poor attempt at demonstrating intellectual superiority?
    No. It's a hack rag. Daily Mail - read by the wives of those who run the country.

Wrt to it being racist, of course it isn't. However, it is a tactic of racists to stir up race issues.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Mr D is a racist bigot who takes this approach, on multiple forums no doubt, to try to stir things up rather than engage in meaningful debate.

HTH.
    What was racist and bigoted about his post in this thread? Just interested how you see it.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    The article has already been discussed elsewhere on CUK today.

Just posting a link to an article on the Daily Mail website does not contribute a great deal to the forum - at least say something about it rather than just saying "here is an article".
    Mr D is a racist bigot who takes this approach, on multiple forums no doubt, to try to stir things up rather than engage in meaningful debate.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I agree that by most CUK standards that constitutes debate, but having a subject and a link doesn't rate too highly in my book.

Particularly when there is ALREADY A DEBATE ON THE SAME ARTICLE ALREADY GOING ON!
    Yes, always worth bearing in mind that this was posted by mrdonuts. To say he is a bit slow is putting it mildly. Intellectually speaking, he gets lapped by tortoises. I mean it has been getting discussed for hours already FFS!

Oi donut.............KUATB

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    The OP (mrdonuts) said "more anti british discrimination".
    I agree that by most CUK standards that constitutes debate, but having a subject and a link doesn't rate too highly in my book.

Particularly when there is ALREADY A DEBATE ON THE SAME ARTICLE ALREADY GOING ON!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Just posting a link to an article on the Daily Mail website does not contribute a great deal to the forum - at least say something about it rather than just saying "here is an article".
    The OP (mrdonuts) said "more anti british discrimination".

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    The article has already been discussed elsewhere on CUK today.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'm still in favour of anyone who links to the daily wail receiving an automatic ban.
    Don't you think that the "It's the Daily Mail <snigger>" thing is rather tired now?

Not to mention a somewhat poor attempt at demonstrating intellectual superiority?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I'm still in favour of anyone who links to the daily wail receiving an automatic ban.
    Nonsense! Hang 'em, flog 'em and send 'em all back.

(or is that the Express?)

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post

Sack him!! No - take his skis away...

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    WHS
    Come off it, stop stirring.

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Hasn't this "story" been discussed in two other threads today?

Edit: Yes it has.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ob-advert.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...eing-done.html (which just refers to the one above)
    Last edited by The Wikir Man; 18 March 2010, 20:14. Reason: Added links to the other threads about this "news"

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied

Sack him!! No - take his skis away...

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    That would be a shame:

The Jobsite.co.uk advert was on behalf of a computer company based in Britain and India.

It stated: 'Minimum six years of experience in IT . . . The person should be a UK citizen with security clearance.'
    That was probably the most on-topic post on this site for weeks. To be banned for that would be stupid.

And discriminatory.

And censorship.

So, calm down NAT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X