• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I’ve counted 7 new bobs today"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I went to see a client today.

They are in deep deep doodoo.

They are overflowing with bobs, working really really hard.

Yet I fear that client will not long be with us.

So I turned the contract down. The work would be interesting, but I don't think they'll last long enough to pay me bill.

I feel sad that the bobs don't know this...

So less of the disguised nastiness, I only see what're a bunch of contractors about to be stiffed.
    Wise decision Mr Threaded. Exactly this happened to me last year and left me more than 20,000 euros out of pocket.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I’ve got 6 CVs stored on my home PC with almost exactly the same text, and all with different names on the top. Who teaches them this tulip?
    http://www.britishcouncil.org/kids.htm

HTH

Edit: More importantly, who teaches our kids Mandarin, Hindi or Arabic?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Sorry, but I do not have sympathy for the cuckoo.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I went to see a client today.

They are in deep deep doodoo.

They are overflowing with bobs, working really really hard.

Yet I fear that client will not long be with us.

So I turned the contract down. The work would be interesting, but I don't think they'll last long enough to pay me bill.

I feel sad that the bobs don't know this...

So less of the disguised nastiness, I only see what're a bunch of contractors about to be stiffed.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    http://fx-rate.net/TRY/

thats about £3,600 per day. Not bad.
    That's current liras - you can get paid old ones that were denominated

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I need a good command of concise, written English to do what I do. This is how Bob applied for a job similar to mine two years ago:

JOB OBJECTIVE
    To judiciously use the dynamism of my potentials and creativity in the pursuit of the company goals and embracing challenges, leading to self improvement and realization of set goals at the earliest possible time.

Needless to say, Bob rarely cuts the mustard when he applies for my job, charming though this chap undoubtedly is. So he sticks with development.
    I’ve got 6 CVs stored on my home PC with almost exactly the same text, and all with different names on the top. Who teaches them this tulip?

It looks like the output from one of those automated sentence generators.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I have seen a group of them all get charged the phone bills for their personal calls which came as a bit of a shock to them after several months of hours worth of calls a day.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I have seen a group of them all get charged the phone bills for their personal calls which came as a bit of a shock to them after several months of hours worth of calls a day.
    "I.T. phone home"

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Mich Tester Sahib you must be working in the same place I am. We should get the telephone bill checked - I'm sure they're on the phone home half the day.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I need a good command of concise, written English to do what I do. This is how Bob applied for a job similar to mine two years ago:

JOB OBJECTIVE
    To judiciously use the dynamism of my potentials and creativity in the pursuit of the company goals and embracing challenges, leading to self improvement and realization of set goals at the earliest possible time.

Needless to say, Bob rarely cuts the mustard when he applies for my job, charming though this chap undoubtedly is. So he sticks with development.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Mich Tester Sahib you must be working in the same place I am. We should get the telephone bill checked - I'm sure they're on the phone home half the day.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Are you his line manager?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

JOB OBJECTIVE

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You get paid 7 grand a day? Maybe Turkish liras, or should I say - liars
    http://fx-rate.net/TRY/

thats about £3,600 per day. Not bad.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Maybe he's getting confused between bobs and bags (of sand).
    Your talent for misunderstanding is unmatched.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X