• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: F1 not in HD!!!!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "F1 not in HD!!!!!!"

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Oh, it's not even filmed in HD? That is bizarre. I'd figured someone richer had got the HD rights
    It's even more bizarre than that...

Apparently it is filmed in HD this year, but the feed provided to broadcasters is SD.

There may be technical reasons for this. Simply using HD cameras is one thing, but it's all the mixing and distribution facilities that are the tough parts

And they probably need to supply dual feeds because the on screen captions will get positioned differently for HD - making full use of the 16:9, whereas for SD, they keep to the 4:3 area, even though the feed itself is 16:9

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    No change there in F1 despite rule changes to make it more interesting.
    whs

the best racing was in the lower orders. well done lotus getting two to finish and one of them above an established lower order.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Lots of teething problems that will hopefully be ironed out in the next few races.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    It was boring anyway. HD wouldn't have helped.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Oh, it's not even filmed in HD? That is bizarre. I'd figured someone richer had got the HD rights

F1 in HD would be a beautiful sight.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Not really the BBC's fault though. The race pictures are provided by FOM, which doesn't provide them in HD - apparently they might be using HD cameras this year, but the feed to broadcasters is very much SD. HD is scheduled for 2011.

The BBC could take their own HD cameras, so that Jake Humprey / Martin Brundle's etc. could be in HD, but not much point if the race itself is SD.

Not that HD would have made today's race any less boring...

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    No change there in F1 despite rule changes to make it more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    It's not the BBC's fault - they buy the feed from Mr Ecclestone, who is yet to make an HD feed available.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    They have better things to spend the money on.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    One imagines the HD rights cost even more than the exorbitant SD rights. Haven't you wondered why MOTD is not in HD either? We're talking tens of millions of pounds...

Leave a comment:

• NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    What the hell are the BBC playing at? The pinicle of motor sport and they are not providing it in HD!!!

Bunch of cocks
    language .......

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I was going to say the same thing, i don't really like F1 that much but thought I would give it a shot on HD, i ain't on

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    started a topic F1 not in HD!!!!!!

F1 not in HD!!!!!!

What the hell are the BBC playing at? The pinicle of motor sport and they are not providing it in HD!!!

Bunch of cocks

Working...
X