• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Embarrassing moment # 1254"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I once witnessed a chap excitedly ask a women when her baby was due. <Awkward, silence> <face drops as it dawns on him she isn't pregnant>. <Commences arse covering blubbering, which didn't help><awkward silence> <pretends to do some work>.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    For me, the most embarassing moment is when you walk into a room full of people looking miserable, and say "What's up guys, who died?" and one of them bursts into tears and runs out the room.

Hate it when I do that.
    Some years ago, a friend of my sisters had an accident at work and cut off 2 1/2 toes. He was on crutches when he first met my parents, who had been warned.

My dad greeted him with the line "what have you been doing? Lost a foot?"

"Um, no actually - just 2 1/2 toes".

Thinking about it, my dad has form for that - he once saw someone skiing with only one pole and, assuming she had dropped it, said "Have you lost a pole?" to which she replied "No, just an arm" before skiing off.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    [impatient smiley]
    :drum:

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Hmm!

Curry night tomorrow, Thai or Indian?

Either way I still have to make them.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Waltzed into the living room having ordered a curry by phone.

Cooly tossed the phone into the air and watched it spin in mid-air. I imagine I looked somewhat like Clint Eastwood.

Decided against catching it and thought I'd go for the kick it option (yes... I know).

Kicked the phone with my socks on. It hurt a bit. Went for the catch, but it was a woefully poor kick and impossible to catch, so the handset just hit the deck.

Even my dog looked like he was embarrassed for me...

For me, the most embarassing moment is when you walk into a room full of people looking miserable, and say "What's up guys, who died?" and one of them bursts into tears and runs out the room.

Hate it when I do that.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Chicken Phall
    Pilau Rice
    Poppadums (4)
    Plain Nan
    ... and mango chutney from the cupboard?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    very good. i'd have added a tarka or a sag side i think.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    never mind the has it arrived crap - what did you order?
    Chicken Phall
    Pilau Rice
    Poppadums (4)
    Plain Nan

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    never mind the has it arrived crap - what did you order?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Never mind the crap footie - how was the curry?

Had pizza myself, but it's not as good as curry.
    I'm waiting for the delivery dude to turn up!

[impatient smiley]

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Never mind the crap footie - how was the curry?

Had pizza myself, but it's not as good as curry.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    is it broken? that would be so uncool it would probably be cool.
    The home phone handset is alive.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    is it broken? that would be so uncool it would probably be cool.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    started a topic Embarrassing moment # 1254

Embarrassing moment # 1254

Waltzed into the living room having ordered a curry by phone.

Cooly tossed the phone into the air and watched it spin in mid-air. I imagine I looked somewhat like Clint Eastwood.

Decided against catching it and thought I'd go for the kick it option (yes... I know).

Kicked the phone with my socks on. It hurt a bit. Went for the catch, but it was a woefully poor kick and impossible to catch, so the handset just hit the deck.

Even my dog looked like he was embarrassed for me...

Working...
X