• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Eccentricity

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eccentricity"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Just because you are butting uglies with a Kraut doesn't mean it is a good country. It just means that zee German women have no standards.

Ugly Cretin

You really are a complete loser, eh?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Everybody forgot that the reason for the middle ages was probably due to this one guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arminius

If the romans managed to completely conquer the german territories we would probably all be poncy greasy-haired Vespa riding mummy boys.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Who was it who noted that the state of a country's civilisation could be gauged by the number of eccentrics it tolerated?
    Judging by that criterion, Germany's is a far superior culture to ours.

PS Note to EO, BB and DP: eccentricity is not to be confused with stupidity
    Just because you are butting uglies with a Kraut doesn't mean it is a good country. It just means that zee German women have no standards.

Ugly Cretin

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Everybody forgot that the reason for the middle ages was probably due to this one guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arminius

If the romans managed to completely conquer the german territories we would probably travel by spaceships by now, cancer and other major disease would be cured, Italy would not be under the current corruption and most of the world would live in peace and harmony.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Get a life you prat.
    Rather uncalled for there Threaded?

Got a bit of indigestion?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Well WTF was that Lardy *rsed git lumbering towards the Football posts like a knackered hephalump in your Old Avatar?
    That was me, but the face wasn't visible. Look, I'm a forward, not some namby-pamby flyhalfy metrosexual thinboy.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    My point in mentioning Germany is that I think Germans as a clulture are generally stiff, conventional and conformist.
    And for them to be more tolerant than us indicates a change for the worse in our society.
    Well if tolerance is your overriding benchmark, then CUK must be the most cultured institution on the planet for putting up with a combined 35k+ posts from you and your fellow slackjawed jack@ss AtW!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Get a life you prat.
    Threaded, eating fewer pies might mean losing some fat and maybe improve your poor self-esteem.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    It isn't me. I don’t post pictures of myself on t’internet.
    Well WTF was that Lardy *rsed git lumbering towards the Football posts like a knackered hephalump in your Old Avatar?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Oh. Thanks.
    I cant provide a ref to the 'official mind' theory, but the idea is that every document that passed over a desk had a subliminal slant applied to it. an anti germanic slant.

The cumulative result was a strong anti german official stance, which made it easy to go to war.

thinking about it, its a sort of 'institutional racism 1900 -1913' with the squareheads being the target

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Get a life you prat.
    Oh. Thanks.

What did I do to deserve that apart from question your assumption - which you seem to think we should all accept as the definitive last word?

If anyone is a 'prat' around here, it's you, Threaded.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 10 March 2010, 18:00.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Reference for that?
    Get a life you prat.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Germany was consider a superior culture by the Brits prior to WW1.
    one of the best theories for the cause of WWI that I read was the 'official mind'
    i.e. British resentment over German cultural superiority, and the shock of the boer war

how dare they be so fckng smart when we run the world

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Reference for that?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Who was it who noted that the state of a country's civilisation could be gauged by the number of eccentrics it tolerated?
    Judging by that criterion, Germany's is a far superior culture to ours.

PS Note to EO, BB and DP: eccentricity is not to be confused with stupidity

Leave a comment:

Working...
X