• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "10 signs that IT contractor market is picking up"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Think I am going to be celebrating with prawn cocktail for lunch.

Get that prawn!

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    -6. After thinking I was unemployable and , I have just recieved a verbal offer, although the pimp squeezed it another -6.7% saying client wasn't happy with my experience in 'x'. Where 'x' is within my main skillset, mmm, smelt a bit like bullsiht but not in a position to argue. Think I am going to be celebrating with prawn cocktail for lunch.

And I might even trade my car up to a mondeo.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    So you offered him a permanent job during the worst recession in 80 years and retraining away from the piddly backwaters of PHP and he still said no?
    You don't know what I offered and your guesses are all incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    We are moving away from PHP to something more proper...
    So you offered him a permanent job during the worst recession in 80 years and retraining away from the piddly backwaters of PHP and he still said no?

Jesus Christ, it must be bad in there.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    -5. PHP contractors are now not so desperate they don't have to take permie offers from AtW
    We are moving away from PHP to something more proper...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    -5. PHP contractors are now not so desperate they don't have to take permie offers from AtW

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Mondeo?

C'mon, DA. You're better than that.

I am a modest man of modest means. I have been told that I have a lot to be modest about...

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    But asks for the full reciept for 'admin purposes'

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    -3 DA upgrades his Mondeo to an estate in order to take more contractors out for lunch
    Mondeo?

C'mon, DA. You're better than that.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

DA goes Dutch by bunging a fiver in towards the lunch bill
    But asks for the full reciept for 'admin purposes'

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

DA goes Dutch by bunging a fiver in towards the lunch bill

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    -3 DA upgrades his Mondeo to an estate in order to take more contractors out for lunch

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Thats why I don't put my current gig on Linkedin
    Around renewal time, pimps phoning you up with (possibly fake) job offers is definitely NOT a bad thing

"What's that? £400 a day? same location? Oh my current contract is about to end...." ... all within boss earshot...

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Might be doing this one myself soon if they don't come up with some more wonga.

The biggest indicator for me is that pimps have started tracking me down through my Linked In page, phoning the switchboard at my current place of work and asking for me directly.
    Thats why I don't put my current gig on Linkedin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X