• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Buying a Hotel Room"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    I seem to remeber reading some time ago (about 3 years) about this type of thing and the conclusion was that you would not get a return on your money, unless you were very lucky.

Leave a comment:

• Malta Witty
    replied
    That's one helluva long game of Monopoly, threaded.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Notoriously volatile?

Hmm,

I've one hotel. occasionally it has had the odd room free, but not too often in the last 45 years.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    MF, mate of mine and myself looked quite closely into this and came to the same conclusion that you did: there is little realistic chance of realising a return on your investment.

One to avoid for the time being I think. The hotel room market is notoriously volatile.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yawn Yawn Yawn Milan.

Been off the site for a few months and yep - you're stil a tosser and working today still on your support contract I see.

For anyone who is interested the link is

http://www.primelocation.com/uk-property-for-sale/details/id/BPch102442/

I know little about this(which is more than Milan) and was wondering if anyone had any comments(excluding Milan who will no doubt reply anyway as he has little else to do)

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    you should stick with selling your tat and windows 2000 helpdesk contracts

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Mmm

First of all, the baby hasnt dropped I was takling about some friends I went yo yesterday who have become baby bores.

Secondly, I have no interest in purchasing a lease on a hotal room, I was wondering if anyone had looked at it as an investment and what returns it was supposed to provide, because to me it looked a straight ripoff.

Mince pie overdose Milan?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    hmm, fatherhood taking its toll, lates nights

can I have a pint of what you've been drinking please MF

you don't half talk some sheeeet

ta

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Buying a Hotel Room

Buying a Hotel Room

Has anyone looked at the premise of purchasing a leasehold on one of the Hotel Rooms in Mayfair I have seen advertised. They had adverts on the underground during the summer.

I havent really seen anything else on it until I started looking for a cheap flat to buy in London.

£99k, 21 Days for 45 year leasehold.

Anyone know anything about this or do i need to provide more info?

Working...
X