• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Re using stamps.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Re using stamps."

Collapse

• Grinder
    replied
    I know some people who receive sacks of used stamps collected for charity. They go through them and extract all the stamps that aren't post-marked and use them/sell them for near face-value. Then they sell on/ give away the rest to people who think there are still quantities of unpost-marked stamps in there. You can't trust anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Great.. Now I can't get this picture of Bolshie bent over a solitary candle in his kitchen, 4 jumpers on, 3 days stubble carefully trying to remove stamps from his letters out of my head...
    Ohhhh Nooooo!!! Did you have too? I really don't want an image of Bolshie bent over doing anything with a candle..... Nooooooooooo!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by PRINCE2 of Darkness
    Perhaps they were Xmas ones.

When I inherited my uncle's stamp collection when little, he had one with an upside down biplane. I threw it away.
    I had one of those, so I stuck it on a postcard of the Hackensack Bulls and posted it to some lawyers I knew.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I scatter monatomic granulated Teflon over my stamps, that way they can be reused at the other end after brushing and can also be used for cooking small meals.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

When I inherited my uncle's stamp collection when little, he had one with an upside down biplane. I threw it away.
    My dad gave me a black one that was only worth a penny so I threw that bugger away the tight bastard

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

My uncle’s collection had one too but I was much smarter than you! I didn’t throw it away, instead I carefully cut the middle out and turned the biplane the right way up. Its now firmly superglued and looking nice on my coffee coaster.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Great.. Now I can't get this picture of Bolshie bent over a solitary candle in his kitchen, 4 jumpers on, 3 days stubble carefully trying to remove stamps from his letters out of my head...
    What!? You mean you dont recycle!?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Sometimes the printing is bad. I had throw away a book of first class stamps because the Queen’s head was missing. What a waste of money.
    I'd have got right on the telephone to Liz, and said "Dear Your Madge, apparently this is treason of the highest order, and seeing as your tower has been quiet for a few centuries, perhaps it's time to make a few heads roll."

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Sometimes the printing is bad. I had throw away a book of first class stamps because the Queen’s head was missing. What a waste of money.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Check it under high energy gamma rays too.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    Is it actually illegal?
    Yes - if the stamp has been through the system, then to re-use it would be illegal.

If the stamp hasn't gone through the system (e.g. you stuck it on the envelope but then never posted it, and are re-using the stamp) then it's not illegal.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Have done this in the past but noticed that new stamps have perforations in the middle, so presumably if you remove them once used, they will tear
    Steam is your friend!!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Have done this in the past but noticed that new stamps have perforations in the middle, so presumably if you remove them once used, they will tear

Leave a comment:

Working...
X