• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gaddafi: 'Jihad against Switzerland'"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    What a delightful avatar Mr Darmstadt. Does she live nearby?
    It looks like a slimmed down version of ex-mrs HAB

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I'd laugh if the Swiss said, okay then, go ahead with your Jihad and we'll just freeze all your bank accounts
    What a delightful avatar Mr Darmstadt. Does she live nearby?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I'd laugh if the Swiss said, okay then, go ahead with your Jihad and we'll just freeze all your bank accounts

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

That's never going to catch on.
    In other words, Arab sheiks and Libyan oil traders must stop putting their money in Swiss bank accounts. Have you forgotten your pills again Mr Gadaffi?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    He criticised a recent Swiss vote against the building of minarets and said Muslims must boycott the country.

That's never going to catch on.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I was listening to the the Mark Thomas show The Manifesto on R4 last night.

The most popular proposition was to invade the Channel Islands in order to reposess all the government buildings that were sold of and leased back under PFI deals with property companies that turned out to be offshore tax avoidance schemes.

Did you know that the HMRC offices in London were sold off under this scheme. The company involved is based offshore and pays no tax in the UK. HMRC cannot even claim back the VAT they pay on the Rent. Apparently someone thought this was a good idea at the time.

From there the plan was to to use Gurnsey as a jumping off point to invade Switzerland, possibly using Viking Long boats.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Makes as much sense as having a jihad against the wombles.

Really, what's the point?
    I suspect the clue was in the report - 'rambling'

That might be code for 'drunk as a lord'

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Makes as much sense as having a jihad against the wombles.

Really, what's the point?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Libya's relations with Switzerland broke down in 2008 when one of Colonel Gaddafi's sons, Hannibal, was arrested in a Geneva hotel and charged with assaulting a member of his staff.

Hannibal.
    hohohohho hahahhaa heheheh
    eeh, I got tears in my eye from laughing. Hannibal.

Just wait till I tell my son Caractacus about this, he'll laugh his head off

Leave a comment:

• Le Rosbif
    replied
    Switzerland is one of the last European democracies and that pisses him off.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    started a topic Gaddafi: 'Jihad against Switzerland'

Gaddafi: 'Jihad against Switzerland'

Sminki

OK, the Swisses can be a bit boring at times and some lack a sense of humour, but a Jihad is a bit harsh.

Working...
X