• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why me? I must be a magnet for loons!"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    I am always getting asked for directions here and its not as if I look like a German, I don't have a mullet nor a toothbrush moustache! I quite often get hit on by homosexual men, never women though and very often by those care in the community types...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Dunno, one gets periods like that. Few years back I always seemed to be get getting accosted by religious nuts in the street or on the train telling me Jesus loved me. Maybe it was my evil atheist aura.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Was he attracted by something you had on you ?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How much of a gravitational pull does Threaded's body have on a van I wonder?
    That's no moon, it's Threaded.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    If you hit something as bulky as Threaded you're going to cause some serious damage to your car.
    Especially if you leave me concious and capable of movement.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not large enough to perturb it's motion to that extent...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Cars and vans are hopeless if you want it to look like an accident.

So I'm told, that is.
    If you hit something as bulky as Threaded you're going to cause some serious damage to your car.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Well thats 2000 zlotys wasted

I'll hire a professional next time

Cars and vans are hopeless if you want it to look like an accident.

So I'm told, that is.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Poison a few pies next time, he's bound to buy and devour one of them. WAATP.
    heh heh.
    Threadeds tale reminded me of an incident in Hale Manchester, last winter. It had been raining heavily and there were puddles in the road, so I was wary about getting a soaking.
    There was a traffic warden 100m ahead of me, a long line of cars adjusted their speed and swerved, to make sure they all got the bstid. heh heh.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied

Poison a few pies next time, he's bound to buy and devour one of them. WAATP.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    This is why I never rely on GPS when driving.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I'm walking along, minding my own business, and just about to cross the road. I see a white van coming, but the road curves sharply away, so I know it's OK to start crossing. Yet it suddenly dawns on me the driver is carrying on towards me, as if to turn into the path I'm on, but I know he can't as there is no road there, it's blocked by a bicycle rank, but I stop all the same. Then I realise he is going to turn, so I jump back to avoid being run down, and driver grinning maniacally at me, i.e. not looking where he is going, crashes into the bicycle rank, crushing several bicycles, and wrecking his van. I take a few steps back and watch his expression change to one of shock. Next, suddenly, he's shouting at me in Polish or something. I get the distinct impression it's supposed to be my fault. I ask you: Why me? I must be a magnet for loons!
    Clearly he couldn't see the road (or bike rack) past your walloping gut, slim.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X