• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone here like f**tball"

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Your ref clearly believed it was.
    Anyway, just to keep the pot bubbling, take a look at a few of these decisions.

http://itcantbeparanoia.blogspot.com/
    Christ you've stuff there from when Lennon was playing. Keep clutching shawnyboy, keep clutching.

p.s admit some of the tackles from Lafferty look bad, but I honestly don't think there was any malice in them. Certainly not Weirs, you look he's commited before skippy gets final touch on the ball. Still looked sore though.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Mate, I love football....

It's the people like you that spoil it.
    Ach your arse, stop being so sensitive.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    So tribalism as many people have said. Unfortunately tribalism tends to carry lots of violence and moronic behaviour with it.

If you want to watch roughly 90 mins of controlled violence (rather than namby pamby multi millionaires cheating like mad, attempting to intimidate the officials and taunt the spectators) then watch Rugby of either code.
    Violence off the pitch is almost unheard of with League or Union and plenty of the games attract very large crowds.

Much of a League crowd is made up of people who would/do also attend Association Football yet they don't try to kick each other to death, trash a town or yell abuse in the streets. After a League game you're likely to find fans of both sides in the same pubs chatting and laughing about the game in a friendly manner.
    It's far more about the football "culture" and tribalism than the people that spawns the disgusting behaviour in my opinion.
    Ball's. Up here in Scotland Rugby is predominantly a game of the private schools, that's why most rugby fans up here are rugger buggers as we call them. Of course with the benefit of private education and some wealth behind them chances are they've got their head on their shoulders. However, take some ned from Glasgow (be it Rangers or Celtic) and he's been brought up in a life of violence from early primary school. He will carry that on to the terraces, so as I said, it's not the game that's to blame, it's society.

I am a Rangers fan, but I cringed at some of the living dead that turned up in Manchester. The only reason the trouble happened in Manchester was because it was easy for the dregs to get on the megabus for £8 return with their bottle of buckie under their arm. If the game had been played in Europe without cheap access then you would not have had the same issues. Those same dregs that caused the bother in Manchester are most probably locked up in the cells every weekend after their adventures with the buckie on the street of Glasgow. Football is tarnished with the like of them, but football did not create them.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Too right. Wheezy-chested effeminate little geeks like you would be far better placed cosying up with fellow Trekkies anyway.

HTH
    Mate, I love football. I have been to several games, even in foreign countries, and I know several professional footballers, including a family member, all of whom are quite nice blokes.

It's the people like you that spoil it.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Oi you, 'was it a foul'

Your ref clearly believed it was.
    Anyway, just to keep the pot bubbling, take a look at a few of these decisions.

http://itcantbeparanoia.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    You just don't get it. A lot of it is a sense of belonging and camaraderie , football is not all what the news likes to make out, it is not about 90 minutes of senseless violence..

So tribalism as many people have said. Unfortunately tribalism tends to carry lots of violence and moronic behaviour with it.

If you want to watch roughly 90 mins of controlled violence (rather than namby pamby multi millionaires cheating like mad, attempting to intimidate the officials and taunt the spectators) then watch Rugby of either code.
    Violence off the pitch is almost unheard of with League or Union and plenty of the games attract very large crowds.

Much of a League crowd is made up of people who would/do also attend Association Football yet they don't try to kick each other to death, trash a town or yell abuse in the streets. After a League game you're likely to find fans of both sides in the same pubs chatting and laughing about the game in a friendly manner.
    It's far more about the football "culture" and tribalism than the people that spawns the disgusting behaviour in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    • chavball fans
    • semi literate morons
    • low IQ idiots
    • tits
    • scumbag tulipepants
    and thats just the f**king players

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Too right. Wheezy-chested effeminate little geeks like you would be far better placed cosying up with fellow Trekkies anyway.

HTH
    Oi you, 'was it a foul'

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

So why do football players get away with abusing the referee? Why do they get away with lifting their shirts and acting like morons after every goal? Why all the triumphant pointing and gesticulating and dancing to the crowd after every goal? Why do the managers stand at the sideline screaming obscenities and get away with it?

I’ll tell you why; it’s all part of the show.
    Bollox, you make it sound like it's some pre-determined staged event. The prima donnas who act like that when they score a goal do that because they are the type of person who adores the adulation, i.e. 'me' people. If they weren't footballers they'd be actors.

And if your job depends on your team getting x amount of points and staying up then I'm sure you'd be quite animated when a ref misses a blatant foul on a goal scoring chance.

It's called passion.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Chavball.

Supported by low IQ idiots, who enjoy 'singing' a variety of 'amusing'/abusive chants in unison, whilst standing in a tuliphole stadium in the freezing cold.

Anyone who enjoys screaming 'WHOOOOOO ARRRREE YAAAAA??!?!?!?!' of an afternoon, is frankly a tit.
    You just don't get it. A lot of it is a sense of belonging and camaraderie , football is not all what the news likes to make out, it is not about 90 minutes of senseless violence..

Vs France

Vs Italy

Now people like you may prefer to get tarted up with make-up on a weekend and you don't see us belittling you about it, so try and be a little bit more sympathetic to other peoples sense of enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    They may be a minority but there are enough of them to put me off going to a game. If not wanting to share my afternoon with them is snobbery then so be it.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    They may be a minority but there are enough of them to put me off going to a game. If not wanting to share my afternoon with them is snobbery then so be it.
    whs

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Do I detect a bit of snobbery here?
    • chavball fans
    • semi literate morons
    • low IQ idiots
    • tits
    • scumbag tulipepants

This is a minority, and you get such a minority in all walks of life.

Perhaps you authors of these terms believe they refer to the majority, in which case, that is because you don't go to many football matches.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    yes

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    • chavball fans
    • semi literate morons
    • low IQ idiots
    • tits
    • scumbag tulipepants

This is a minority, and you get such a minority in all walks of life.

Perhaps you authors of these terms believe they refer to the majority, in which case, that is because you don't go to many football matches.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X