• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hey! Hector! Show yourself!"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    I remember someone saying they shudder whenever a politician says they're going to reduce red tape.

Seeing as they're really rich and powerful now they employ PR to ensure they don't say such things out loud.

threaded in "Branson pickle" mode.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    WHS. I see Brownstuff has been on YET AGAIN about cutting business red tape. When will it ever happen?

The pointless tinkering is constant, the tax system gets ever more complex and burdensome, submission systems get replaced with total cock as soon as they work, rates get put up but allowances never do.

I doubt the mileage allowance for example even covers actual costs any more. Some BIK levies are just ridiculous, the Van+petrol charges for example, my total costs including business usage were only half that.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    So, since you're on here anyway, how about creating an HMRC-Advisor account, or some such, and once in a while answering some of our confusions?

Or is it, as I suspect, that you're just a confused as we are?
    You know perfectly well that they don't want clear and unequivocal rules.

Hazy info means that people pay more tax and HMRC can justify having more staff to answer confused questions badly. More staff equals bigger empires for the middle and senior management which equals bigger pay and more Honours given by HMQ.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Dear Hector the Tax Inspector,

Since we all know you are on here anyway, how about creating an account and answering some of our questions?

Small business really struggle with the hundreds of millions of words available on the various government web sites giving conflicting, vague, and out of date advice and this is an unnecessary burden upon millions of us.

This is apparent by some of the tax-related threads on here that go on for scores of posts, some of which even have the accountants disputing amongst themselves.

So, since you're on here anyway, how about creating an HMRC-Advisor account, or some such, and once in a while answering some of our confusions?

Great idea for a sock puppet account

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    started a topic Hey! Hector! Show yourself!

Hey! Hector! Show yourself!

Dear Hector the Tax Inspector,

Since we all know you are on here anyway, how about creating an account and answering some of our questions?

Small business really struggle with the hundreds of millions of words available on the various government web sites giving conflicting, vague, and out of date advice and this is an unnecessary burden upon millions of us.

This is apparent by some of the tax-related threads on here that go on for scores of posts, some of which even have the accountants disputing amongst themselves.

Working...
X