• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Scary meeting

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scary meeting"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Is it possible you were so incredibly dull that they nodded off?
    I think thats it Wilmslow. I stared at the screen for a good 5 seconds with my mouth open drooling when I read your thread.

I'm better now though, thanks for asking.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I was talking to somebody this morning.

They lost ability to function, it was like a switch was flicked and they were out of this world for 3-4 seconds, before continuing as normal after a short recovery.
    They may have been trying to sneak out a fart and suddenly realised it was a bit less gaseous than they hoped.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Eaten no, but there was a report a while ago about a missionary to the Um Bongo tribe in Papua, who went missing and was found, strung up by the Kajangers

i'm making all this up bored bored

Ah, they’re the ones who made the fruit juice they drink in the Congo. I never thought there’d be such a flourishing trade in processed food products between Papua New Guinea and South East Africa.

so am I bored bored

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    When this New Guinea tribe want to drop out of a converstaion they say "thwwwrrr, thwwwrt, thhhhh", the same as when they are having a conversion.
    ah the Kajangers.
    The only people on the planet who can give you a bj and slap your buttocks at the same time without using their hands

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    When this New Guinea tribe want to drop out of a converstaion they say "thwwwrrr, thwwwrt, thhhhh", the same as when they are having a conversion.
    When Lemurs get sick of your company they piss on you.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    There is a tribe in New Guinea called the Kajangers and they have a protocol where they hold a hand up and say 'I am not here', they then drop out of the conversation and to all intents and purposes they are absent.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Temporarily died?
    Wished they had?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Are they the ones who eat missionaries?
    Eaten no, but there was a report a while ago about a missionary to the Um Bongo tribe in Papua, who went missing and was found, strung up by the Kajangers

i'm making all this up bored bored

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    There is a tribe in New Guinea called the Kajangers and they have a protocol where they hold a hand up and say 'I am not here', they then drop out of the conversation and to all intents and purposes they are absent.

Are they the ones who eat missionaries?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    like it.

"i am not here"

i can see this being used in certain threads. actually, quite a lot of them.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Do you keep your eyes open?
    No, but it only lasts a few seconds. Bit disconcerting for whoever it is I'm talking to though.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Maybe you’re the one who had 3 or 4 seconds absence but you thought it was him?
    Or time suddenly went really fast for Wilmslow?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Did he have one hand in a pocket?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Sometimes when I'm really pissed i can pass out momentarily in the middle of a conversation & effortlessly resume what I was saying before.
    Do you keep your eyes open?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X