• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Afterlife, Ghosts, Paranormal..."

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I imagine the hideous cackling is a bit of a turn off though.
    The ones on Google Images look quite nice!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    .. I'm holding out for two Lesbian Sucubii, sisters, probably...
    I imagine the hideous cackling is a bit of a turn off though.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    yeah the old hag on the ribcage one is particularly vivid. especially those funny hairs you get stuck in yer teeth the next morning

Ah yes, I find these occurences of Sleep paralysis occur the morning after 10 pints and a kebab at Fernandos!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    yeah the old hag on the ribcage one is particularly vivid. especially those funny hairs you get stuck in yer teeth the next morning

Aren't those Incbuses (Incubii?) or Sucubus for a female sex demon I think!

I'm holding out for two Lesbian Sucubii, sisters, probably...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Or maybe sleep paralysis? A friend of mine had this as a kid, he said the Hag sitting on his ribcage bit was so real and totally terrifying.
    Actually, yes, you're correct, it's WHS.

I've had it about half a dozen times, once last year. It's quite frightening, but to be honest I know what it is so just control it.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Thats known as a night terror.

It's a dream. Your body awakes, but your still dreaming. You feel either someone in the room, or someone is on you or you're being abducted. Your heart feels like it's going to burst.

It's a dream no more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terror
    Or maybe sleep paralysis? A friend of mine had this as a kid, he said the Hag sitting on his ribcage bit was so real and totally terrifying.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Never 'seen' anything though myself, to be honest I am sceptic, but I wish there was something because I don't look forward to oblivion.
    That's the nub of it all, the essence of the human condition, if you will...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    We used to have 'odd' things happen in a condo we had abroad. Nothing bad apart from the mucking about with the a/c.

A couple of weeks ago I had a big jump because I thought someone was standing in my bedroom. It was just getting light and I was only beginning to wake up and a car went past and the light and my senile brain turned my dressing gown hanging on the door into someone standing by my bed. Fraking shocked me into waking up.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    [QUOTE=stek;1081153]

Another one was when my eldest daughter was in nappies (Christ she's 20 now...) and I used to change her, in that house we lived in then, she'd be looking over my shoulder at the door. I'd ask her what she was looking at, she'd say 'Man'. Later when she was older she gave more detail, saying he was stood in the doorway with a Fedora type hat on. Even now she remembers it clearly.
    QUOTE]

My daughter does that. I pick her up and she looks over at the television saying 'Beebies'

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Anybody experienced anything of that nature?

I recently had one, lying in bed, I started to rise out of my body, but my chest wouldn't rise, like it was sticking. Scared me tulipless a tell thi', my heart was doing 200 to the dozen. Sheer panic made me snap back, but it did it again straight away, had to get up, stayed up all night cos I was tulip scared!
    Thats known as a night terror.

It's a dream. Your body awakes, but your still dreaming. You feel either someone in the room, or someone is on you or you're being abducted. Your heart feels like it's going to burst.

It's a dream no more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terror

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I've looked at a fair few IT systems and only the paranormal can explain how some of them stayed up.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I've looked at a fair few IT systems and only the paranormal can explain how some of them stayed up.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    started a topic Afterlife, Ghosts, Paranormal...

Afterlife, Ghosts, Paranormal...

Anybody experienced anything of that nature?

I recently had one, lying in bed, I started to rise out of my body, but my chest wouldn't rise, like it was sticking. Scared me tulipless a tell thi', my heart was doing 200 to the dozen. Sheer panic made me snap back, but it did it again straight away, had to get up, stayed up all night cos I was tulip scared!

Another one was when my eldest daughter was in nappies (Christ she's 20 now...) and I used to change her, in that house we lived in then, she'd be looking over my shoulder at the door. I'd ask her what she was looking at, she'd say 'Man'. Later when she was older she gave more detail, saying he was stood in the doorway with a Fedora type hat on. Even now she remembers it clearly.

Never 'seen' anything though myself, to be honest I am sceptic, but I wish there was something because I don't look forward to oblivion.

Working...
X