• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I feel insulted

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I feel insulted"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    What is "regularly"?

How often do people move their fences???
    Quite often, I think it’s called creepage in border speak. Out of five of my house moves four suffered from previous creepage or attempted creepage. Three relatives of my in-laws actually practiced creepage onto public land. One a QC for the CPS pinched a chunk of forest land, another took over a public foot path and the other several pieces of land.

Creepage also happens on water front properties where there is a public path or some land between the building and river. I have also seen the same in Holland. The river authorities now use digital cameras to compare annual pictures of the waterfronts for creepage

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Shut it new boy.
    Shut it gimp.

Leave a comment:

• jimjamuk
    replied
    wait for the next windy day and push over 2 panels - then knock and note things must have got better since the last conversation given new windows were in and remind them its their turn as your job has been offshored.........

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm going to need a new black book at this rate...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    When comes to revenge and retribution I prefer pen and paper.

There's something statisfying about scoring a line through someones name...
    I'm going to write an app for that....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Isn't there an app for that?

When comes to revenge and retribution I prefer pen and paper.

There's something statisfying about scoring a line through someones name...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    I would put money on you being a spambot that just exists to spout complete crap on forums.
    Shut it new boy.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I have a black book for people like those...

Mostly the book is filled with the names of agents these days.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I have a black book for people like those...

Mostly the book is filled with the names of agents these days.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    bollox, bollox, bollox
    I would put money on you being a spambot that just exists to spout complete crap on forums.

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    and the missus is livid.

Last year the fence between us and the neighbours started to crumble so we agreed to go halves on a new one.
    I got a quote for £500, but the neighbour said it was too much, she would get a better one. A few weeks later I asked how it was going, she said her son had lost his job, hubby was on half time, they were struggling, would I get it done on my own. So I did.

Yesterday I gets home from work and the builders are next door putting new frames and windows in

the missus is now on a war footing and she has put me on defcon III

And she's right too. Your neighbours are scum.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    It is highly unlikely that the boundary fence or jointly owned. If it is your neighbour's fence or if it is jointly owned; you can serve them with an enforcement notice. (that will make them happy). Beware, as per my previous home; the neighbour was deliberately damaging the boundary fence with the view to erecting another one while I was away on holiday. The new fence would have taken away part of my garden. Take photographs and measurements regularly. The same goes for when a neighbour builds an extension. They will try to encroach on your land.
    What is "regularly"?

How often do people move their fences???

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    and the missus is livid.

Last year the fence between us and the neighbours started to crumble so we agreed to go halves on a new one.
    I got a quote for £500, but the neighbour said it was too much, she would get a better one. A few weeks later I asked how it was going, she said her son had lost his job, hubby was on half time, they were struggling, would I get it done on my own. So I did.

Yesterday I gets home from work and the builders are next door putting new frames and windows in

the missus is now on a war footing and she has put me on defcon III

It is highly unlikely that the boundary fence or jointly owned. If it is your neighbour's fence or if it is jointly owned; you can serve them with an enforcement notice. (that will make them happy). Beware, as per my previous home; the neighbour was deliberately damaging the boundary fence with the view to erecting another one while I was away on holiday. The new fence would have taken away part of my garden. Take photographs and measurements regularly. The same goes for when a neighbour builds an extension. They will try to encroach on your land.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied

You who speak to me across the fence
    - Of common sense
    How your tomato plant will win a prize,
    won't that be nice

And by the way, how's your wife?

Your holidays were spent in Spain
    You went by train
    You'll go again

Have you seen me bullfight poster on the wall?
    Do you know the ‘appy memory it recalls?

Here's a photograph of me and my son, Ted
    That's me cousin with his hanky on his head!

We booked in at our ‘otel just after two
    And met a family from Bradford that we knew

My pink half of the drainpipe
    Separates next door from me

Oh, Mama!
    Belongs to me

I have a sister in Toronto who's a nurse
    And I've had a bit of bother laying turf

It's life, not books, that taught me all I've learned
    Woop, in the b'oven my rice pudding's getting burned!

‘Ere, have you seen the new attachment on me drill?
    I must have the cat put down, ‘cause he's ill

I may paint it blue

Keeps me safe from
    you!

Separates me from the incredibly fascinating story of your life and
    every day to day event in all it's minute and tedious attention to
    detail... And was it a Thursday or a Wednesday? Or, oh, no, it wasn't though...
    ... who cares anyway because I do not so Norman, if you're normal, I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages
    and rhinoceroses in the kitchen incessant quotations from

"Now We Are
    Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric
    head.

So
    theeeeeere.........
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 February 2010, 15:17.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X