• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This weekend I will mostly be........"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
    working on verbal reasoning and numerical questions - attempting to pass the SHL questions - I ask you ... Looking for a permie role.
    HAB thinks to himself, "what the frak is SHL?" and goes off to Google.

Psychopath testing! After scoring 36 on the Asperger test earlier today I think I'll keep as far away as possible from things like that.

Leave a comment:

• castoff101
    replied
    working on verbal reasoning and numerical questions - attempting to pass the SHL questions - I ask you ... Looking for a permie role.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Owing to all the flights back to the UK being full, I'm spending the next 13 hours on a ferry. It's looking a bit choppy out there too.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Sampling the local pub in the village we have just bought a house in!
    when do you sample the house?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    If there is a pentangle drawn on the wall, don't leave the path when you are walking home.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Saturday. Drive to ski resort.
    Sunday. Ski.
    Mon-Fri. Ski.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    I've never been considered a 'local' since I moved from the small somerset town I grew up in, so will be no different to anywhere else!

Can't be worse than going into small 'local' pubs in west yorkshire by yourself and making it out alive !!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Ooooh, dangerous. In you walk, hoping for a friendly welcome and a log fire, and 20 squinting inbreds, all slouched over the bar, interrupt the evening’s pint-staring session to turn around and stare at you....
    After a long pause, the barman asks, "are you local ?"

"Why yes!" you cheerily reply, "We've just moved into the village!"

Have you ever seen Straw Dogs ?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Setting up and playing with all the new recording kit that was delivered this morning.
    Don't press the big red button!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Setting up and playing with all the new recording kit that was delivered this morning.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    sounds like a 20 minute job in MediaMarkt
    you would think so wouldnt you, but gf chef is one of those look EVERYWHERE then buy from the first shop she went in types so apart from the pre-requisite sunday roast that's all I've got planned over the weekend..

god that sounds tragic..

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Ooooh, dangerous. In you walk, hoping for a friendly welcome and a log fire, and 20 squinting inbreds, all slouched over the bar, interrupt the evening’s pint-staring session to turn around and stare at you.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Last week I planed to apply n-months worth of patches to my server but in the end I was too afraid to do it. I'll wait until the next holiday weekend in case something goes horridly wrong.

What I fancy doing is some arty stuff. I need a consistent 'look' to the website and letter heads, invoices, research reports, etc. I can't afford to get a professional to do it, so I'm going to have a go myself.

Someone did suggest to me ages ago to get a student to do it. Part of their course work, or something they can put into a portfolio when they are out looking for their first 'proper' job.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Saturday, up early, drive to Heathrow. Then far too many hours travelling.

Sunday, sleeping, getting very bored ...

Monday-Friday (if anyone cares), being droned at by septics

Leave a comment:

Working...
X