• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lost, I bleedin well am"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Saw one bit of it once. Just strange noises, blokes running around and looking into a hole.

That about sums up season 1 of Lost.

Following that, the writers seem to have been smoking some serious leaves (), and at times I feel like maybe I need to be doing so too to have any chance of understanding what the hell is going on.

At least the show's title fits, which is more than can be said for Heroes.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Saw one bit of it once. Just strange noises, blokes running around and looking into a hole. Never bothered again. Same with that 24. It is clearly all about some people sitting in a shed.
    blokes and Evangeline Lilly (probably NSFW)

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Saw one bit of it once. Just strange noises, blokes running around and looking into a hole. Never bothered again. Same with that 24. It is clearly all about some people sitting in a shed.
    And House - all about Hugh Laurie shouting at people and being clever.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Never got into Lost but I enjoyed the first series of Heroes. Nowadays it's changed into The Bold and the Beautiful and watching it is more and more of a chore. If there's another series I don't think I'll bother.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I started watching it with a preconception that it was going to be "crap" but quickly got into it and watched the first 3 seasons on dvd in the space of about 6 weeks.

The only area where I think Lost suffers is how it can feel like it's quite drawn out, you end up wanting to scream "HURRY THE F*** UP!!!" at the screen writers

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    so now they have a supernatural angle to the story. A black smoke which turns into a bloke. Anything is possible now. Maybe island will move to LA in the end.
    It started all supernatural, then changed in the second series to be more scifi, with the hatch and the Dharma initiative.

I think it's brilliant, but like anything that slowly builds up tension, some of the actual stories, particularly some of the flash backs have been pretty dull.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    so now they have a supernatural angle to the story. A black smoke which turns into a bloke. Anything is possible now. Maybe island will move to LA in the end.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    By banging him against a tree IIRC.
    thats some serious smoke man.

how can ANYONE criticise this series.

Leave a comment:

• MarkOD
    replied
    I'm a MASSIVE fan of lost however season 6 Episode 3 was quite possibly the worst most boring episode i've ever seen!

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Whenever I see a "Lost" thread on any forum, it amazes me how many people want to leap in and tell everybody how they stopped watching half way through series one, or how boring it is, etc. etc.
    It's connected with the amount of hype the show generates.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    If you're referring to the chap on "Lost", then the black smoke offed him.

HTH.
    it chased him through the forest for six clicks, then offed him ???
    smoking

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    How on Earth this series managed to stay on air for one whole series baffles me.

Biggest, most over hyped pile of steaming horse tulip ever to hit tv screens.
    Whenever I see a "Lost" thread on any forum, it amazes me how many people want to leap in and tell everybody how they stopped watching half way through series one, or how boring it is, etc. etc.

It seems to bring that out in people more than any other series.

If you gave up watching half way through series one, you haven't seen 90% of it so how can you judge? And on the other hand, why would anybody keep watching to form a judgement that it's the biggest steaming pile... etc.?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    and how exactly, did Echo die ?
    Echo's not dead. She's just been sent to the attic.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    How on Earth this series managed to stay on air for one whole series baffles me.

Biggest, most over hyped pile of steaming horse tulip ever to hit tv screens.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X