• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "2010 Winter Olympics"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I won't be watching.

Now, if they had something like the "Elemental Games", I might be tempted.

1. Fire Event : Have to navigate a maze filled with hidden booby traps that gout out flames, accompanied by Rammstein singing "Feuer Frei".

2. Earth Event : Some giant ziggurat, full of rolling boulders, spiked pits, snakes of course.

3. Water Event : Swimming pool with sharks and stuff. Have to use various materials to construct a way across.

4.Air Event : Chasm that needs traversing, again using various materials.

If anyone was stupid enough to try any of these, the least I could do is appreciate their efforts !

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Did Franz Klammer ever ski 'within his limits'?
    A downhill racer needs to be pushing him/herself beyond what would be considered 'safe' if they want to win, watch the program and you'll see what I mean.

Daniel Albrecht 3 weeks in a Coma and this was just a training run, the way the cheers turn to to silence says it all.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Did anyone catch 'Michael Johnson, Downhill Skier'? Both fascinating and terrifying stuff.

It's not on iPlayer but is repeated on Sat 13:00 BBC1, I highly recommend it if you want to get into the mindset of a downhill skier, it certainly made me think about skiing within my limits next time I feel like trying to emulate Franz Klammer.
    Did Franz Klammer ever ski 'within his limits'?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Did anyone catch 'Michael Johnson, Downhill Skier'? Both fascinating and terrifying stuff.

It's not on iPlayer but is repeated on Sat 13:00 BBC1, I highly recommend it if you want to get into the mindset of a downhill skier, it certainly made me think about skiing within my limits next time I feel like trying to emulate Franz Klammer.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I find it fascinating, but I do need to be in the mood...
    That mood must involve the use of mind altering substances.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    the scottish seem to have a good shout in the curling

does n't make overly appealing watching.
    I find it fascinating, but I do need to be in the mood...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Snowboard big air (is that an Olympic event - dunno)
    WTF - PGS? Waste of an event - big air is MUCH better.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Snowboard Half pipe.

Snowboard big air (is that an Olympic event - dunno)

Boarder Cross.

*likes snowboarding*

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Vancouver is having to truck in snow due to a very mild winter

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    the scottish seem to have a good shout in the curling

does n't make overly appealing watching.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    So, what events should a newbie like myself look out for?
    500m and 1000 metre speed skating; v.fast. The girls have very shapely backsides and lycra suits.

Skeleton; complete sawdustbrained nutters slide down the bobsleigh run lying face down on a tea tray at 150 kph with their chin hitting the ice every few yards.

Shorttrack skating; always ends in mass crashes

Ski jump; real idiots this lot, but when it goes wrong it isn’t funny at all

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Anything scary, the UK are possible medal contention for Skeleton, Luge and bobsleigh...

and loads of others..

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Oh yes!

I've everything bookmarked and timelined ready for Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Oh yes!

I've everything bookmarked and timelined ready for Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Yep, I’ll be watching the speed skating.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X