• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Time to emigrate. But where?"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    Tarkers,

I showed you the website for finding the land,

this is the website for buying the architect's plans for the house,

lots to choose from....

http://www.gservis.cz/projekty-rodin...-nad-4-miliony

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    he he

I had a terrible experience at the maldes-zitle office in vienna

what a bunch they are

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    yeah but public sector workers are miserable everywhere. You should see the ones in the US.
    Oh God, yes! you think you've wormholed into some parallel universe, this can't really be America.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I could say the same about the krauts I have had contact with in post offices and for example beaurocratic offices in de

Milan.
    yeah but public sector workers are miserable everywhere. You should see the ones in the US.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I could say the same about the krauts I have had contact with in post offices and for example beaurocratic offices in de

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Swiss boring?

You're mixing with the wrong crowd...

I admit I only mixed with the ones who work in IB which is a biased sample.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Sas,

the ones I know seem happy enough

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Yes that was true when I was in Basle too.
    The Swiss combine being boring with being smug - not a good combo.
    Swiss boring?

You're mixing with the wrong crowd...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Actually the fooking Germans are a lot more lively than they are given credit for. I did a contract in Zürich and thought that the Swiss were too, until I finally realised that all the people in the office who ever smiled or laughed were actually German.
    Yes that was true when I was in Basle too.
    The Swiss combine being boring with being smug - not a good combo.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    milan stop trying to convince yourself that you don't live in a place full of melancholy Eastern European peasants.
    Each time I've been to Czech (and not the tourist areas BTW) - I've noticed how mournful the locals are - they are nice enough folk but God are they a miserable bunch - not half as much fun as the locals at my London local.
    Even the fooking Germans are more lively.
    Actually the fooking Germans are a lot more lively than they are given credit for. I did a contract in Zürich and thought that the Swiss were too, until I finally realised that all the people in the office who ever smiled or laughed were actually German.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    funniest thing in CZ is,

the Czech's don't realise how rich they are and how skint everyone is in the UK

as Paddy said, their disposable income is massive

Milan.
    I do believe that a lot of people in the UK don't realise how skint everyone is here.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    funniest thing in CZ is,

Milan.
    milan stop trying to convince yourself that you don't live in a place full of melancholy Eastern European peasants.
    Each time I've been to Czech (and not the tourist areas BTW) - I've noticed how mournful the locals are - they are nice enough folk but God are they a miserable bunch - not half as much fun as the locals at my London local.
    Even the fooking Germans are more lively.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    funniest thing in CZ is,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Paddy,

agreed.

you might find this hard to believe, friends over there go to the UK on shopping trips cos it is so cheap for them

Milan.

The value of the Koruna has shot up compared with the GBP. My Czech friends have gone back to live and work there because at the end of the day disposable income is higher.

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Are you bisexual?
    No. I mean the other aspects of Sweden.

And I am not dodgy either. And I am not an agent.

Gott sei dank.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X