• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to emigrate. But where?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary View Post
    I am surprised. Is that plain old programming work or connected with offshoring/nearshoring to a team of low paid locals?
    It's compared to a 22k a year permie job in Bristol...
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      I am surprised. Is that plain old programming work or connected with offshoring/nearshoring to a team of low paid locals?
      umm,

how do I say this,

umm,

the local IT wages especially for IT roles at a multinational, are, umm, paying the same and in most cases more than the same role would pay in the uk

i'm not going to go into specifics of companies, roles, projects etc

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        It's compared to a 22k a year permie job in Bristol...

doodar,

like I said, i'm not going to go into specifics, believe what you want, no problemo :-)

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          umm,

how do I say this,

umm,

the local IT wages especially for IT roles at a multinational, are, umm, paying the same and in most cases more than the same role would pay in the uk

i'm not going to go into specifics of companies, roles, projects etc

Milan.

UNIFACE Developer - 3rd Level support Contract

This is a long term contract position (until at least the end of 2010) to be based at our client site in the historical and picturesque city of Prague.

Our client is looking for UNIFACE developers for 3rd level support and development for one of their big logisitical applications.

Experience required:
          - Development experience in C and UNIFACE (essential), Java, Powerbuilder or Delphi,
          - Understanding and experience of Unix (Shell Scripting, common tools), SQL (any RDBMS, preferably Sybase),
          - In addition, experience of SQL query optimisation and performance tuning as well as analysis and design of RDBMS applications.
          - Experience in managing requirements and writing specifications,
          - Ability to analyse business requirements, design, implement, test and support new modules,
          - English language skills enough (local language not needed).

I am keen to hear from suitable candidates about this role so please send your CV for more information and to discuss this role further.

Location Prague, Czech Republic
          Country Czech Republic
          Start Date ASAP
          Duration Until end 2010
          Rate Negotiable
          Employment Business Modis
          Contact Kerry Barclay
          Telephone 0031 40 799 9024
          Fax +31 40 799 9011
          Email [email protected]
          Reference JS-.1080275
          Posted Date 10/02/2010 11:04:23
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

doodar,

like I said, i'm not going to go into specifics, believe what you want, no problemo :-)

Milan.
            TBH, I would expect they're on a par with the neighbors. They'd have to be to keep people. In most cases that is a little more than the UK I think, but how that works out in terms of take home I wouldn't like to say as I don't know what the taxes are like.

I like Prague, I'd like to do a stint there at some point. I think It's been spoiled a bit by the easyjet stag do mob, dunno if that would be the case if I was working there but it was a bit like that last time I visited.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              TBH, I would expect they're on a par with the neighbors. They'd have to be to keep people. In most cases that is a little more than the UK I think, but how that works out in terms of take home I wouldn't like to say as I don't know what the taxes are like.

I like Prague, I'd like to do a stint there at some point. I think It's been spoiled a bit by the easyjet stag do mob, dunno if that would be the case if I was working there but it was a bit like that last time I visited.
              There is plenty just outside the centre of Prague with no tourists and cheaper especially restaurants.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Paddy,

agreed.

you might find this hard to believe, friends over there go to the UK on shopping trips cos it is so cheap for them

Milan.
                Last edited by milanbenes; 10 February 2010, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                  Funnily enough I had thought of that too. I have a lady in my life, but I like the other sides of it.
                  Are you bisexual?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Are you bisexual?
                    No. I mean the other aspects of Sweden.

And I am not dodgy either. And I am not an agent.

Gott sei dank.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Paddy,

agreed.

you might find this hard to believe, friends over there go to the UK on shopping trips cos it is so cheap for them

Milan.

The value of the Koruna has shot up compared with the GBP. My Czech friends have gone back to live and work there because at the end of the day disposable income is higher.

Comment

Working...
                      X