• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why is there a page one link for each thread?"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    When a dialog box pops up with "OK and "Cancel" options, I can use the Enter key to OK it and the Esc key to cancel it. So why have the buttons? Functionally redundant.
    thats easy.
    Developers used to make special allowances for keyboard or mouse users. Its a vestigal tail from those days
    they never anticipated that the average user would become so computer savvy

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    'cause it would look stoopid if they started with a 2
    Shouldn't the initial page, be page zero, and then the 1st extra page, be page 1?

It is an IT contractor site after all is said and done.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    'cause it would look stoopid if they started with a 2

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    who cares?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You are such a geek Nick
    Yes, but anyway, about me.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    When a dialog box pops up with "OK and "Cancel" options, I can use the Enter key to OK it and the Esc key to cancel it. So why have the buttons? Functionally redundant.
    You are such a geek Nick

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Why is there a page one link for each thread?

Why is there a page one link for each thread?

As soon as a thread reaches > 1 page there is a (1,2,....n) link after each thread title. Why?

The thread title links to page one anyway. Functionally redundant.

HTH

Working...
X