• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone travelled to the US recently? Changes to the Visa Waiver Programme?"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I don't know the details, but ClientCo have been trying to send somebody to work permanently (or indefinitely anyway) in the US, which they hoped to have done 6 months ago but she's still waiting for the Visa. Seems like a very long and complicated process.
    Seems like the only place easy to get into these days is the UK, and it looks as if our borders are being opened up further, election pledge or not.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    How often do people get the rubber glove treatment when travelling to America? I'm surprised they get away with doing something like that, at least without some fuss being extended by the piece of meat being fingered. What happens if you refuse to be raped? Come to think of it, do women get a finger up the front-bottom too?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I don't know the details, but ClientCo have been trying to send somebody to work permanently (or indefinitely anyway) in the US, which they hoped to have done 6 months ago but she's still waiting for the Visa. Seems like a very long and complicated process.

Leave a comment:

• MarkUK
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If you say that to the customs officer he might as well ask whether you don't remember because that arrest was one of the many in your life or you were high that much that you lost memory
    lol yeah I guess. But if I do travel only using the online waiver will they have records of this or not? Or would it just be easier to get a ACPO form and apply for a full visa?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkUK View Post
    I was only 14 and can not really remember.
    If you say that to the customs officer he might as well ask whether you don't remember because that arrest was one of the many in your life or you were high that much that you lost memory

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    No, you do not need a visa to go the US if you are a british citizen. But you do have to fill in an online form with all your details in. This online form fill up used to be free but they have started charging 15$ now.
    They grilled me for an hour about a bloody online form!!!

Tossers!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I can't be bothered to read all the gumpf before, but you need a visa to travel to the US now

It used to be you could just turn up, sign a waiver and walk through. They changed it about 15 months ago, so you have to apply for a visa before you leave.

I turned at the end of last year and prompty got whisked off to immigration for an hour.

Which was nice.
    No, you do not need a visa to go the US if you are a british citizen. But you do have to fill in an online form with all your details in. This online form fill up used to be free but they have started charging 15$ now.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I can't be bothered to read all the gumpf before, but you need a visa to travel to the US now

It used to be you could just turn up, sign a waiver and walk through. They changed it about 15 months ago, so you have to apply for a visa before you leave.

I turned at the end of last year and prompty got whisked off to immigration for an hour.

Which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• MarkUK
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    An arrest is not a conviction. Or were you convicted?
    I was only 14 and can not really remember. I had my fingerprints and everything taken. Never went to court or anything but I think it was a caution/reprimand or something.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkUK View Post
    But what if I get to immigration and they find out that I have been previously arrested. Will they have any of this information as I know the offenders rehabilitation act 1974 is not valid in the USA?
    An arrest is not a conviction. Or were you convicted?

Leave a comment:

• MarkUK
    replied
    But what if I get to immigration and they find out that I have been previously arrested. Will they have any of this information as I know the offenders rehabilitation act 1974 is not valid in the USA?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    B)
    Unless you were shoplifting drugs or hookers you're fine.

Don't worry about it.

WHS

They are on the lookout to stop terrorists and other major criminals, not lousy shop lifters.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    B) Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude or a violation related to a controlled substance; or have been arrested or convicted for two or more offenses for which the aggregate sentence to confinement was five years or more; or have been a controlled substance trafficker; or are you seeking entry to engage in criminal or immoral activities?

Unless you were shoplifting drugs or hookers you're fine.

Don't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• MarkUK
    replied
    any advice would great guys'

Thanks

Mark

Leave a comment:

• MarkUK
    replied
    Hey guys. Was not sure where to post this so thought this was a good place.

I'm currently planning a trip to LV for late 2011. (have not booked flights or anything yet). I filled out the online waiver form a few months ago and got approved straight away! However after looking over some stuff I am starting to worry a little. When I was 14 (I am now 23) I was arrested when I was with my friend and he was caught shoplifting. I had never been in trouble with the police before and have not been in trouble with them since. I had my finger prints ect taken. Anyway on the waiver form I clicked NO to the criminal conviction section as this completely slipped my mind.

I am now in a situation where I am a little scared to book anything incase when I get to Macarren I am refused entry!

I have never been to the USA before and if I had to then would travel to London to get a Visa however that would mean having to explain this situation to people.

Any help and advice would be greatly received.

Thanks

mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X