• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Length of jury service"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    When I did it, the trial was a week, but total jury service lasted two weeks.

Chances of a deferral these days are slim. Of course, you could just not turn up and claim that you never received the summons, but I believe that if called, one should have a duty to serve - if the more intelligent in society don't serve, then we can hardly complain about how the scum get off. (Or to be more accurate, we can - that's what the Daily Heil is for, after all - but we shouldn't).

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    People who have done how long has the case lasted for ?

Had the letter today such bad timing starts 2 weeks before contract ends and I need a renewal, recon I could get a deferal on that ?
    Are you a PCG member? You have jury service cover up to £300/day I believe (check the t's and c's though)...

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    Not the fact that you are a giant alien lizard and tried to eat the defence council
    We don't have a defence council [sic] in this country - that's the Septics

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Do you have to produce ID when attending?

Otherwise, could be a good time to employ a temp.

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied

Had the letter today such bad timing starts 2 weeks before contract ends and I need a renewal, recon I could get a deferal on that ?
    They do not mind at all if you ask to defer once.

I asked for a deferral and got the recall nine months later.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Plead insanity.

It's worked for me.
    Just pop your letter back in the post with "No longer at this address" written on it.

Worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Plead insanity.

It's worked for me.
    Not the fact that you are a giant alien lizard and tried to eat the defence council

Leave a comment:

• Tarquin Farquhar
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    or deferral, and now NickFitz went and quoted you it's too late to change

(weird, when I pressed the Quote button, your text came up as just a few dots. I wonder what that's about)
    Or reckon.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Tell them your happy to attend being the first juror to attend court suffering from tourettes.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Jesus H, if Bumfluff's spelling is slightly iffy yours takes the biscuit

I'll blame it on the joys of flu...

I await the corrections with eagerness.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    I hear that racist masogonist's that suffer from misandry rarely get to actually sit through a court case.

HTH

Jesus H, if Bumfluff's spelling is slightly iffy yours takes the biscuit

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I hear that racist masogonist's that suffer from misandry rarely get to actually sit through a court case.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    If you wade through the usual crap from the usual suspects, there's some decent advice on seeking a deferment in previous threads on the subject:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...y-service.html
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...y-service.html

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

flip can't even spell jury right in the title, thats got to get me a defferal.
    or deferral, and now NickFitz went and quoted you it's too late to change

(weird, when I pressed the Quote button, your text came up as just a few dots. I wonder what that's about)

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X