• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is a general contractors licence?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Has he gone ?
    I didnt want to upset the spas by commenting that his nick is an anagram of tits-out

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Has he gone ?
    I didnt want to upset the spas by commenting that his nick is an anagram of tits-out

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    <winces>

Ouch! That even made my eyes water, chef!
    6am wake up, 5hr train, 45 mins delayed and then idiots at work asking pointless questions and idiots on here too stupid to do their own research.

I can't wait for the day to be over and get a good nights sleep.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    <winces>

Ouch! That even made my eyes water, chef!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Ahhh has he gone to go and sulk???

well here's some help

Let me Google that for you

and even more helpful, 2 of the top 3 results (the 2nd isn't worth looking at)

Top Result - Contractor's License Reference Site - to save you clicking, it's a map of the United States of America, that's that little small country "across the pond" from the Contractor Uk (stands for United Kingdom) IT forum's home. It says in really big writing (to prevent you from straining your eyes obviously, "Click on a State to See License Requirements or Find Out if A Contractor is Licensed in That State", lord knows what that says but t's worth a o at clicking wherever it is the hole you crawled out from is part of and see what happens.. go on, i dare ya..

3rd place - What is a Contractor's License? - again to save your chubby little american fingers I'll sumarise the site for ya, in the first paragraph (i know I said we're on the 3rd place result but it's the first paragraph so try and keep up with all these numbers)
    A Contractor's license gives a building contractor the ability to state that they are licensed. In many states, licensing requirements are similar, but state building laws vary. If one is already licensed in a single state, in order to claim licensing in another state, usually a person must undergo the same examinations and testing to receive a contractor's license.

The Contractor’s license may be for general construction, or may be obtained for specialized fields, such as plumbing, painting or knowledge of heating and cooling systems like HVAC. Hiring a licensed Contractor tends to assure that one is getting someone with knowledge of state laws regarding building, and has a greater degree of experience.
    Too long a quote for ya? well in short it says that it's related to builders (they're the people who make buildings, not computer software liek those on this forum) in the United States or USA if you're not used to the long version which (and I'm sorry to repeat this) is not based anywhere near the UK or United Kingdom or "that little small place across the pond".

Anyways the website goes on to say that it "protects both the contractor and would-be employers. If a worker with a contractor’s license performs shoddy work, or builds any type of building that does not come up to code"..

there ya go, that should answer all your questions on the subject all we have to do now is ask you to bend over and after I've wiped your @ss for ya we'll bring along a friend of our's called HAB.. the invoice is in the post.. enjoy HAB, do you like films with gladiators in?

HAB !!!
    Last edited by chef; 8 February 2010, 13:11.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by soffit View Post
    this forum isn't even witty-bye.

Aw, come on now. Some of the posts are witty.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    how do you know soffit's a he?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by soffit View Post
    How can you check if someone Has got one or not.
    Tattoo on back of neck.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Nobody's even checked his drinks cabinet yet
    He probably doesn't have one - if he'd googled his question he'd know that not only is it not for IT contractors, it's not for UK IT contractors at that...

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    oh darn it now look what you've done.

<cups hands to mouth> soffit!
    Nobody's even checked his drinks cabinet yet

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    oh darn it now look what you've done.

<cups hands to mouth> soffit!

Leave a comment:

• soffit
    replied
    this forum isn't even witty-bye.

Leave a comment:

• soffit
    replied
    How can you check if someone Has got one or not.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by shoes View Post
    Most clients won't take on a contractor who doesn't have one. I sell these, 50 quid.
    b@rsted, I paid £75 for mine

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by shoes View Post
    Most clients won't take on a contractor who doesn't have one. I sell these, 50 quid.
    I'll have six please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X