• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That Monday feeling..."

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Rode the 'Busa in to work. Certainly blows the cobwebs and Monday morning blues away.
    Managed to fit the stabilisers then?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    WaaaayHaaaaay!

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    WaaaayHaaaaay!

IGMC
    It also involves having to make a decision on what to wear.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Hmm... that involves not wearing my dressing gown.
    WaaaayHaaaaay!

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    dressing gown development day for me today! 20 second commute to the office, once I'd finished breakfast of course
    I've decided I might leave the house today and meet a friend for lunch. Since there is absolutley nowt on jobserve.

Hmm... that involves not wearing my dressing gown.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I was up at 4:40 to do what old men have to.

Then had a look at the computers. I kicked off a deep virus scan on the workstation as I suspect something but cannot find it.

Went back to bed.

Didn't get up again until shortly before 9am.

Virus check still running, so can't use that box. I've done all my domestic stuff. I suppose I could go down Tesco's.

I still have no idea what the entry 'City' in my day planner means. Nobody has called me yet to ask me where I am.

I've got to put my quant/data analyst undies on today.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    it's 11:09, decided to get the 7:44 train rather than plane from Cologne to Munich so I could get some work done.

I'm 1.5hrs away from work, have got very little done other than have some nice sausages, a few cups of tea, watched the Mad Men tv series and had a little nap

wonder what the restaurant carraige does for elevenses <wanders off to look>

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    dressing gown development day for me today! 20 second commute to the office, once I'd finished breakfast of course

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Rode the 'Busa in to work. Certainly blows the cobwebs and Monday morning blues away.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    She was only the Colonel's Daughter but she knew what Reggy meant!

I don't want to join the army,
    I don't want to go to war,
    I'd rather hang around Piccadilly underground,
    Livin' off the earnings of a high born lady
    I don't want a bayonet up me arse 'ole,
    I don't want me bollocks shot away,
    I'd rather stay in England, in merry, merry England,
    And fornicate me fckin' life away.

On Monday I touched her on the ankle,
    Tuesday I touched her on her knee,
    On Wednesday I confess, I lifted up her dress,
    On Thursday I saw it, gor blimey,
    On Friday I put me 'and upon it,
    On Saturday I took her out to tea,
    On Sunday after supper, I whopped me fckr up her,
    An' now I'm payin' forty bob a week!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    you'll do well in this mans army soldier.
    She was only the Colonel's Daughter but she knew what Reggy meant!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

<stands up straight>
    you'll do well in this mans army soldier.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    I think I'm getting too old for this sh!t. :
    I know I'm too old for this tulip ! My solution for the last 5 or 6 years is to sit it out for local work only and undercut the opposition on rates. However in the current job market I'm not too hopeful when I join the bench in a week or so. It's time for some Plan B fantasy world thinking !

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Chin UP that man. Shoulders BACK, Chest OUT. Stand up STRAIGHT. Hands down , thumbs along the seam of your trousers. Take that Fckng look off your face or you WILL get sponged.

Now you are all volunteers here, so shut the crap and remember, you signed up for this. You are closer to LAST Friday than you are to next. Now report to the sergeant major for weapons training , and RUN DONT WALK.
    Fck me, your mother threw the baby out and kept the fkng afterbirth you scouwse cnt.

jeez , where am I ??? ooohh , bit of a flashback there

<stands up straight>

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    In the car at 04:20 - in the office at 07:30!

I'm knackered - I didn't even go out on the beer yesterday!

I think I'm getting too old for this sh!t.

Anyway - soon be Friday!

"To All Poor and Distressed Contractors, wherever they may be, dispersed over the face of the earth or on the water, here's wishing them a relief from their sufferings, and a happy return to their native land, should they so desire it."

Look on the bright side Churchill. You would not want to be fully awake on a Monday in Swindon. Best to go through the day like a zombie, you will fit right in Wiltshire that way.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X