• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weird things you did as a kid..."

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    course he was.... His lesser known younger brother graham?
    Any young Chinese boy would claim to be related to Bruce Lee, it stopped them getting beaten up.

Leave a comment:

• bellymonster
    replied
    We used to have snuff sniffing contests but the snuff was replaced with powders found in the kitchen. So you'd start with an easy cinnamon or a nutmeg and then gradually work up to the chilli and curry powders.

First one to sneeze or refuse the snuff was out.

Washing powder was the ultimate challenge (and probably the most unsafe).

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I helped to get rid of weeds in the garden. I mixed weed killer and sugar together and spread it over the weeds. I then set light to it. One very black garden.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I used to go round my mates house (who just happened to be of Chinese origin) and spend hours painting bamboo poles black with gold ends just so we could have 'Monkey Magic' style kung fu fights. Being Chinese and related to Bruce Lee he used take it very seriously, I only went along with it because his dad would give us a pound each for the chip shop.

We also used to do the alchemy thing with various household chemicals.
    course he was.... His lesser known younger brother graham?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    gave me a half chubber
    Ha ha ha you sick b@stard!!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Your finger ...?
    Yeah my finger! My thumb actually and almost half of my hand.

You may remember a TV programme called 'The boy David' who had a flesh eating decease? He was in the UK at the time and I was lucky enough to have his surgeon operate on my hand. That was in the early eighties.

Scars are still there but you'd hardly know, I'm very thankful.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    One lad we used to hang around with invented a game called tulipty finger.

Basically,he shoved his finger up his arse and tried to wipe it on people.

Didn't catch on.
    Sounds like the project manager at ClientCo.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I used to go round my mates house (who just happened to be of Chinese origin) and spend hours painting bamboo poles black with gold ends just so we could have 'Monkey Magic' style kung fu fights. Being Chinese and related to Bruce Lee he used take it very seriously, I only went along with it because his dad would give us a pound each for the chip shop.

We also used to do the alchemy thing with various household chemicals.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    I used to pretend I was an alchemist mixing toiletries in the bathroom sink creating sweet smelling chemical sludge.
    Er my daughter does this now! I blame Harry Potter

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    One lad we used to hang around with invented a game called tulipty finger.

Basically,he shoved his finger up his arse and tried to wipe it on people.

Didn't catch on.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    gave me a half chubber

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    sicko

Fiver each.
    http://media.funlol.com/content/img/...shaved-cat.jpg

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    I used to pretend I was an alchemist mixing toiletries in the bathroom sink creating sweet smelling chemical sludge.
    ok that's just weird.

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Any photos??!?
    sicko

Fiver each.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X