• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NickFitz vs Threaded - who would win?"

Collapse

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Shame on you Chef

sorry Miss/Mrs Pogle

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    It would be a Kennedy vs Nixon TV debate situation. NickFitz would get more answers right, but Threaded would carry on smiling blissfully through the whole thing and everyone not really paying attention would think he'd won.
    I think more Gore v Bush - Gore won the intellectual battle no problems, but lost the debate because of the "folksy charm" of Bush, e.g.

Gore: "Under the governor's plan, if you kept the same fee for service that you have now under Medicare, your premiums would go up by between 18% and 47%, and that is the study of the Congressional plan that he's modelled his proposal on by the Medicare actuaries."

Bush: "Look, this is a man who has great numbers. He talks about numbers. I'm beginning to think not only did he invent the internet, but he invented the calculator. It's fuzzy math. It's trying to scare people in the voting booth."

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Maybe there plan A's are doing just well enough that they are both happy in life and therefore it is a tiebreak situation?
    Shame on you Chef

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    or maybe they just don't really give a #### and think this is a pointless poll?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Maybe their plan A's are doing just well enough that they are both happy in life and therefore it is a tiebreak situation?
    Last edited by chef; 4 February 2010, 14:07. Reason: I is a dunce innit

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    I'd need to see the quality of their Plan B's. Its all well and good talking the talk, but who can walk the walk?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    FiddleAbout (correct spelling of his name) had a go at everyone including myself
    You sound surprised that anyone would have a go at you

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
    It was fiddleabout who used to have go at threaded wasn't it?
    FiddleAbout (correct spelling of his name) had a go at everyone including myself

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've got a bit of a thing for Richard Ayoade

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Computer says threaded.

Leave a comment:

• monkeyboy
    replied
    It was fiddleabout who used to have go at threaded wasn't it?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Then I also assume that you have a similar privilege in that one of your posts counts as 4?
    I am not at liberty to discuss various multiple privileges that I may or may not have at CUK

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No - you are too young on this forum to know the legend of threaded and that by special Admin's degree he was given special right: one his vote counts as 4.

HTH
    Oh I see. Then I also assume that you have a similar privilege in that one of your posts counts as 4?

I mean, you'd have to be in a sad way to clock up 17,000 posts otherwise, no?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Thread must have 3 sockpuppets - I see 4 votes for him
    No - you are too young on this forum to know the legend of threaded and that by special Admin's degree he was given special right: one his vote counts as 4.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Thread must have 3 sockpuppets - I see 4 votes for him

Leave a comment:

Working...
X