• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Global Cooling

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Global Cooling"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Maybe all the Global Warming brainwashing the government is spewing is messing with my mind.

Perhaps I should see my GP.

Do you know what the carbon footprint of these life saving cancer pills is?? DO YOU??
    When you start getting the bus here I'll start renewing your prescription.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Maybe all the Global Warming brainwashing the government is spewing is messing with my mind.

Perhaps I should see my GP.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Can someone here (saguru) show me where the alarmist warming is

Don't you know that these days everything is a fraction of 1% therefore those changes are huge.

Don't believe me? How about 'out of recession by 0.1%', 'interest rate held at 0.5%', 'house prices rise by 0.6%', ...

I think it's so we feel we're getting a good deal earning 0.01% on our savings.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://reason.com/blog/2010/01/08/gl...re-trend-updat

Can someone here (saguru) show me where the alarmist warming is on this graph (caused by CO2 - Act On CO2 remember!).

The northern hemisphere is warming at +0.19 C degrees per decade and the southern hemisphere is warming at +0.07 C degrees per decade. Interestingly, the satellites show that the north polar region is warming at +0.40 C degrees per decade and the south polar region is cooling at -0.06 C degrees per decade. The U.S. is warming at about +0.23 C degrees per decade.
    Some nice comments.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    just manipulating the statistics to achieve a false result whilst leaving the underlying truth unchanged
    and all for monetary gain
    Spot on! We'll make a Climate Change Expert out of you yet EO!!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    You ARE sasguru and I claim my crisp £5 Note!!
    And for them yongsters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobby_Lud

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Thx for that.

Read and enjoy the following peer reviewed paper:

Confounding variables in CO2 theory

Have a nice day
    BB you're as bad as Milan, using a link to a cached arXiv PDF

Not providing a proper link, to the abstract page, bears out what SasGuru said

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I find if it gets a bit too cold in the house I can increase the temperature by excluding temperatures in cooler rooms in my calculations. Helps to save on heating bills.
    But isn't that just manipulating the statistics to achieve a false result whilst leaving the underlying truth unchanged
    and all for monetary gain

that cant be right

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I am quite looking forwards to an ice age.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

IOU

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I find if it gets a bit too cold in the house I can increase the temperature by excluding temperatures in cooler rooms in my calculations.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Damn these scientists. I already have three barbeques, 50,000 body bags and two useless mad cow detector scanners in my garage

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Have they yet explained why the scorching summers of 2007,2008,2009 has never happened

Odds are they'll get it right one year.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    and it is all man's fault?

Only man thinks that. Woman is thinking about shoes.

Do the other species on the planet really GAS? Should we be the only ones worrying about it? I'll pay my 'carbon footprint' taxes when next door's cat does.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I find if it gets a bit too cold in the house I can increase the temperature by excluding temperatures in cooler rooms in my calculations. Helps to save on heating bills.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X