• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What you can get for 60k in Costa Rica"

Collapse

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Except that Slough's a tuliphole and that place in Costa Rica isn't.
    Who says there are no tulipholes in Costa Rica ?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I kept my horse here
    That would explain why it's got no upstairs.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It’ll do me; just have to recover the warchest after the disaster known to mankind as ‘2009’.
    Gordon Bennett! You were on the bench in 2009?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
    So for 60k you can buy a tin shack ?? Its a tulip hole!
    What do you want man? 30 degrees every day, sunshine every day, beach and yacht club down the road, world’s best looking women around the place AND a bloody Barratt mock Georgian detached house with electric garage doors and an Axminster? Sod all that ‘luxury’ and stuff, just give me good weather, a little vineyard and an easy life.

That house isn’t a tin shed at all; it’s a simple but attractive brick bungalow in one of the world’s better places.

It’ll do me; just have to recover the warchest after the disaster known to mankind as ‘2009’.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    (Photos below of volcano and lake are not taken from the house)

It's like advertising a house in Slough with pics of Big Ben and St Paul's ..
    Except that Slough's a tuliphole and that place in Costa Rica isn't.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

So maybe the volcano is actually much closer?

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Underscore Pt2
    replied
    So for 60k you can buy a tin shack ?? Its a tulip hole!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Surely the strong winds would blow the volcano out - sorted!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Volcanoes are good places; very mineral rich soils, always warm, ideal for growing your own veg and even planting some vines if you’re on hillside. OK, occasionally they go boom whoosh whiz bang and chuck magma at you but volcano forecasting’s pretty good these days. As for hurricanes, as long as you have a solidly built house you should be OK.
    Ok, so have you got $1000 a month for the rest of your life? If so, sounds lovely.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    As for hurricanes, as long as you have a solidly built house you should be OK.

will be taken away to Oz in one piece

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It's next to a frickin volcano!!!

And they get hurricanes there.
    Volcanoes are good places; very mineral rich soils, always warm, ideal for growing your own veg and even planting some vines if you’re on hillside. OK, occasionally they go boom whoosh whiz bang and chuck magma at you but volcano forecasting’s pretty good these days. As for hurricanes, as long as you have a solidly built house you should be OK.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    What you can get for 60K in costa coffee*

Probably a latte and a muffin.

*Saves all the 'comedy' thread titles.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Relax, that property has only got windows overlooking the beach with beautiful women there... if you see them running away then also leg it!
    I think that's one of those occasions where I'd follow the locals.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It's next to a frickin volcano!!!
    Relax, that property has only got windows overlooking the beach with beautiful women there... if you see them running away then also leg it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X